The Program Modules Have been Updated, on 32-bit Only?

Every few days on my Win7 32-bit desktop- On 1st cold startup I get the VDU pop-up, then Quickly followed by "The Program Modules Have Been Updated" pop-up?

I searched for a PMU log file, but can only find VDU (opens ESS web page...)?

On my Win7 64-bit laptop- On 1st cold startup, I get the VDU pop-up, but Never get the PMU pop-up?

What's up? :mellow:

BTW- My ESS, and on-demand virus/rootkit scans are negative.

Edited by scottls59901

Okay just for understanding (because I had to thought twice too, because this abbreviations aren't used commonly):

• PMU = program modules update
  • VDU = virus signature database update

On 1st cold startup I get the VDU pop-up, then Quickly followed by "The Program Modules Have Been Updated" pop-up?

AFAIK if the VSD and the program modules have been updated you should only see the message that the VSD has been updated and only if there was an module update without any VSD update then you should see the message "The program modules have been updated." (or similar)

"The Program Modules Have Been Updated" 

I have not seen that popup in very very long time. I have no idea what triggers the software to show that notification, since at least one or more modules is updated during a weeks time.

VDU = VSD = Virus signature database

@SweX

if the VSD and the program modules have been updated you should only see the message that the VSD has been updated and only if there was an module update without any VSD update then you should see the message "The program modules have been updated." (or similar)

So this message is only shown when ESS or NOD32 only updated the program components, but not the virus signature database. And as this happens quite rarely you shouldn't see this notification very often.

VDU = VSD ?? :blink:

So what should "VDU" mean? "virus database u-signature"?? ;)

Edited by rugk

@SweX

Yes, when he said VDU he most likely meant VSD. 

Not sure, maybe... VDU = Virus Database Update....  ;) But the term we use VSD is = Virus Signature Database.

But IMO, TS does not need to worry about if he see the  "The Program Modules Have Been Updated" popup notification or not. (even if it could be interesting to know why) As the modules get updated automatically through the VSD update channel in any case. And like I said, I haven't see that popup for years on any system and the modules gets updated just fine. So no need to worry.

Edited by SweX

Not sure, maybe... VDU = Virus Database Update....

Yeah...

That's why I thought too:

• VDU = virus signature database update

So @scottls59901 I think - just for clarification - it would be nice if you could explain these abbreviations.

Also the next time if you use an unknown abbreviation you can directly insert it into your post by selecting "Special BBCode" (3rd button from the left) in the toolbar of the text editor, select "acronym" and enter your acronym...

post-3952-0-72800700-1420495379_thumb.png

... or just write the BBcode by yourself:

[acronym='Abbreviated Coded Rendition Of Name Yielding Meaning :-)']acronym[/acronym]

Then you will get your acronym! :D

Edited by rugk

@SweX

Yes, when he said VDU he most likely meant VSD. 

Not sure, maybe... VDU = Virus Database Update....  ;) But the term we use VSD is = Virus Signature Database.

But IMO, TS does not need to worry about if he see the  "The Program Modules Have Been Updated" popup notification or not. (even if it could be interesting to know why) As the modules get updated automatically through the VSD update channel in any case. And like I said, I haven't see that popup for years on any system and the modules gets updated just fine. So no need to worry.

OOPS, Sorry for the confusion! -

I meant to say the VSD (Virus Signature Update) pop-up, was close followed by a PMU (Program Modules Update) pop-up?

I got to thinking that I usually get this PMU pop-up, the next day after doing a full defrag with Smart Defrag (I Run as Admin, and I also show Hidden/Protected files to get indexes...).

My old KIS2014 AV would also update modules much the same, after doing a Defraggler defrag (same settings...).

Solution that Stopped PMU updates-

I opened the ESS GUI, ran the pointer over Everything to get it Trusted..., and when I touched Protection Active..., the whole page Reset...

post-4132-0-41913700-1420588394_thumb.jpg

I would guess that is what stopped PMU updates?

I opened the ESS GUI, ran the pointer over Everything to get it Trusted..., and when I touched Protection Active..., the whole page Reset...

attachicon.gifProtectionActive.JPG

Really? This is only a static GUI element...

and to hover the pointer over something you don't get it trusted...

You also don't have to worry that some of your updates stopped - it seems you just got a notification too much.

BTW what shows the event log when this issue happens?

attachicon.gifProtectionActive.JPG

Really? This is only a static GUI element...

and to hover the pointer over something you don't get it trusted...

You also don't have to worry that some of your updates stopped - it seems you just got a notification too much.

BTW what shows the event log when this issue happens?

The GUI may be static, but the whole page Reset when hovered over Protection Active...?

Here is the Event log you asked for. I clicked on it, but nothing happened?-

post-4132-0-36243900-1420664610_thumb.jpg