ESET Browser Privacy & Security extension not (yet) working - connection lost

• ESET Staff
13 minutes ago, Protopia said:

There is a BIG difference between this extension not being supported and it not working.

Brave is mostly the same code as Chrome, and almost ALL extension in the Chrome Extension store work on Brave. So why does the ESET one NOT work? Did ESET deliberately disable this functionality because they didn't want to support it, thus depriving paying customers of a tool which could have been left working but unsupported? Or is there something extra in Brave preventing it from working and if so, are there any Brave settings we can use to allow it to start working?

ESET Browser Privacy & Security extension doesn't work without ESET product and for now there are some technical reasons in the background, why another Chromium/Firefox based browsers are not supported. We know about it and we're working on it so I believe you will see the extension working on Brave soon.

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2024 at 4:49 AM, constexpr said:

ESET Browser Privacy & Security extension doesn't work without ESET product and for now there are some technical reasons in the background, why another Chromium/Firefox based browsers are not supported. We know about it and we're working on it so I believe you will see the extension working on Brave soon.

Any logs I can pull?

• Administrators

Does the issue persist after switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup?

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does the issue persist after switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup?

I was already on the pre-release update channel.  I just manually updated and it pulled a couple, but the problem persists.

• Administrators

If the error persists after a computer restart, please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Launch Edge and reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

• 2 months later...

So, are there any plans for Brave? It's my default browser and I have booked Ultimate for a lot of money, it's a great pity that this extension still doesn't work on Brave...
I just don't understand it at all, so far every (!) Chrome/Edge extension I have used has also worked on Brave, after all it is also a Chromium browser.

Edited by Nokiezilla

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Nokiezilla said:

So, are there any plans for Brave?

I can tell that something is brewing so please stay tuned. However, for maximum protection with full support of advanced scanning of browser scripts I'd recommend using a fully supported browser.