Windows 11 breaks after encryption

Andres96

Hi

We have a few laptops that worked very well, until the ESET FDE ends with the encryption, and then Windows crash in the start up with the same error.
Stop code: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Then the laptop remains useless until we do a new fresh install of Windows, but then brokes again after encryption. Anyone knows the solution to this problem? I attach the logs extracted with the recovery tool.

Thanks in advance!

recoverylog_120023_09112023.txt

• ESET Staff

Hi @Andres96,

I would suggest submitting this as a support ticket as this isn't likely a simple issue: https://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/

Does this Windows BSOD occur before or after ESET FDE Pre-boot login?

Whilst you are in the process of doing this, let's try and get a little bit ahead of the curve and see if we can gather more logs.

Is their a computer you are able to replicate this issue on consistently? 

If so, could you alter the settings so that Windows generates a 'Complete Memory Dump' as per: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/performance/generate-a-kernel-or-complete-crash-dump and proceed to FDE as normal. Then, the next time this issue occurs would you be able to decrypt the disk via the ESET Recovery Media Creator. I would like this because if the process of 'Decrypting' the disk allows you to regain access to Windows without formatting and performing a fresh Windows OS install, we may be able to gather the 'Memory Dump' which will hopefully tell us more.

Thank you,

Kieran

Edited by Kstainton

@Kstainton after ESET FDE login, i enter the password, and when Windows should start, i get the error. I replicated this error 4 times in this computer, with differents Windows 11 fresh installs, and in another 3 different computers. I think is some sort of hardware incompatibility.

Thanks for your response, i will submit a support ticket !