Feature "Automatically encrypt attachments" not work

eornate

Hi everyone,

Hope you're doing well.

I had the issue with "Automatically encrypt attachments" on outlook email.

image.png.efc8dfc64027f7ee39e725f540a421b8.png

image.png.db610cb605ba3e1c68b259888f0fd8b8.png

Although i enabled this policy to client, however when client send email contain file attachment, it not automatically encrypt.Anybody can help me  fix this issue ?

• ESET Staff

Hi @eornate,

Please see the following image. Basically the "Automatically encrypt attachments" setting merely automatically pre-ticks the "Encryption Attachments" tickbox located here, when you use the "Encrypt Now!", "Encrypt On Send" and "Encrypt And Send" options located in the EEE tab.

image.png

Hope this helps explain what this setting actually does.
Thank you,

Kieran

1 hour ago, Kstainton said:

Hi @eornate,

Please see the following image. Basically the "Automatically encrypt attachments" setting merely automatically pre-ticks the "Encryption Attachments" tickbox located here, when you use the "Encrypt Now!", "Encrypt On Send" and "Encrypt And Send" options located in the EEE tab.

image.png

Hope this helps explain what this setting actually does.
Thank you,

Kieran

Hi Kstaintion,

Thanks your response.However, Is there the option for automatically encrypt all with default key encryption when i just press SEND button on email ?

• ESET Staff

Hi @eornate,

I am afraid the only way to encrypt an email is via the options in the ESET Endpoint Encryption Tab within Outlook, you are not able to do this via the default Outlook SEND button.

Thank you, 

Kieran

52 minutes ago, Kstainton said:

Hi @eornate,

I am afraid the only way to encrypt an email is via the options in the ESET Endpoint Encryption Tab within Outlook, you are not able to do this via the default Outlook SEND button.

Thank you, 

Kieran

Thanks your information.