ESET Protection Disabled on Every Boot

Go to solution Solved by FloridaPro,

Whenever I reboot my M1 Macs on MacOS Sonoma, I find that Web and Email protection is non-functional.  To fix, I have to go into MacOS network settings and re-enable the ESET Network proxy.  Easy enough workaround but quite annoying.   Submitted a support request but perhaps somebody knows a permanent fix.  

ESET Problem on Every Reboot.jpg

• Administrators

If uninstalling ECSP and installing it from scratch doesn't make a difference, please try uninstalling it and installing ESET CyberSecurty 7.4.1200.0. Should the problem persist, please raise a support ticket.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the exact same issue with Eset Endpoint Security on Mac OS 13 and 14, but re-installing ESET v6.11.616.0 does not help.

Is there any solution to this or is this issue being worked on?

• Administrators

If you mean the issue with losing full disk access, this is a bug in mac OS. ESET CyberSecurity v7 has a workaround for it until Apple fixes the bug.

• Administrators

Please check if you can reproduce it with ESET CyberSecurity 7.4.1600.0. If so, please raise a support ticket for further investigation and troubleshooting.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Dorian said:

But why should I try CyberSecurity? My company uses Endpoint Security, so I need a solution for the product that we use.

Ok, I overlooked the product name in your post. You have posted in the ESET CyberSecurity forum for home users by mistake. Please try the latest version of ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.4.1500.0 then.

My mistake, but even so, what would installing Endpoint Antivirus achieve? I mean, as I said we use Endpoint Security.

For example if I install Endpoint Antivirus and it does work properly, will you then recommend for my company to switch to using that instead of Endpoint Security?

• Administrators

There is no version of ESET Endpoint Security v7 and only v7 contains a workaround for the bug in mac OS. Hence we would like you to check if the issue goes away after installing v7, ie. Endpoint Antivirus.

• ESET Staff

Losing FDA is macOS issue. We did workaround for it in ECS 7.4.1600.0 and EEA 7.4.1500.0 too. We did nothing for V6, because V6 was not affected by this issue during our compatibility testing with Sonoma. 

If you need EES v6 for some reason and could not upgrade to EEA, you should wait until Apple fix that issue in macOS.

Just for my information, what functionalities from EES V6 are you using that prevents you to upgrade to v7.4.1500.0 ?

Edited by Robertos

Ok, understood, thank you for both your replies.

We are using the Eset Firewall component as well on both Mac OS and Windows clients

What is the workaround in Endpoint Antivirus v7 and what is the exact bug in Mac OS?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of yesterday with MacOS Sonoma 14.3 issue still persist. I've noticed this issue started after I installed NordVPN client.
Not sure if Nord's security feature/s are not mixing something up with MacOS/ESET CSP but I have to enable "ESET Network Protection Proxy" every time machine boots up.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Ivan N said:

As of yesterday with MacOS Sonoma 14.3 issue still persist. I've noticed this issue started after I installed NordVPN client.
Not sure if Nord's security feature/s are not mixing something up with MacOS/ESET CSP but I have to enable "ESET Network Protection Proxy" every time machine boots up.

Does it happen with the latest version of ESET Endpoint Antivirus v7?

I'm using/paying licenses for Cyber Security Pro. I don't want to move to the basic version. It's not a huge problem for me to enable the service every time the machine boots, but there should be a fix for this.

P.S: Any news for ESET CSP natively on M1/M2/M3 processors?

• Administrators

ESET CyberSecurity v7 natively supports ARM CPUs. Other ECS features will be added throughout this year.

• 1 month later...

Hello Marcos,

Do you have any update regarding this issue as well as any news for ESET CyberSecurity Pro native support for apple silicon?

Thank you

• Administrators

There is no news on this yet. It still applies that a new version 8 should be available later this year.