Strange issues connecting new clients to ESET Protect

Go to solution Solved by PuterCare,

I am having some trouble with a couple of new client devices when trying to connect them to an existing OU in Protect. I created a new agent script, using a valid ESET PROTECT certificate, install it on the endpoint but it will not connect. Screenshot below.

I have another new endpoint on the same OU that has an agent that connects, but any task to push EES install fails. I tried to manually install EES as admin and that fails too "MSI.1923". Software install log attached.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I rebooted the VM but it did not help. I can ping my hostname externally and see that 2222 is open, existing endpoints all seem to be connecting ok. I just downloaded another agent and installed on a VM and it the agent is connecting ok, all these devices are currently on the same LAN.

One other thing I noticed which was strange, I set up a new software install task, but today that task is missing from the Protect server. 

image.thumb.png.2d47daa58d758ca737032de6f306af3c.png

software-install.log

Edited by PuterCare

• Administrators

Looks like something is blocking the communication between the agent and the ESET PROTECT server:

Error: Replication connection problem: Response for request of type DeviceSessionTokenRequest (request id: 13) was not received in time

Aligned pcap logs from the client and server will be needed besides the standard trace log. Please raise a support ticket if you are not aware of anything in your network that might be blocking the communication.

Update: I installed the same agent to a VM on the same LAN, agent connected fine and software install task pushed successfully. I had already tried the Eset removal tool on the system where the agent will not connect and then installed fresh but same issue.

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

Looks like something is blocking the communication between the agent and the ESET PROTECT server:

Error: Replication connection problem: Response for request of type DeviceSessionTokenRequest (request id: 13) was not received in time

Aligned pcap logs from the client and server will be needed besides the standard trace log. Please raise a support ticket if you are not aware of anything in your network that might be blocking the communication.

Thanks, that client was on my public WiFi, I moved it to my private LAN and now the agent has connected so I guess some of my filtering on the public network interfered with the agent connection.

Do you know why my software install task disappears? All my existing tasks are present, but I add a new task, it appears but later disappears.

• Solution

I think I know why the task disappeared, in the endpoint details, task executions section, I deleted the execution not realising this deletes the task from the library rather than just the execution. 

Last issue remaining is why one endpoint will not deploy but now I can focus all my efforts into fixing that.