product installed date misleading

tbsky

Hi:

today my computer get notify it had install eset endpoint version 10.1.2050.0 and need reboot.

so I reboot and check the eset-protect console to see what's the situation of other computers.

I saw my eset endpoint was installed at May.  the new agent installed date is at September which seems correct. but Eset endpoint didn't update installed date.

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Could you please provide a screenshot for clarification?

I don't know why but I can not upload screenshot. the forum told me "There was a problem uploading the file. Please contact us for assistance"

the installation date is the same at windows and eset-protect (both show installed at May). maybe you can check you own computer to see if the situation is different than mine.

12 hours ago, Marcos said:

The installation date doesn't change when the program is auto-updated, only when you send a software install task.

Thanks for clarify. since auto-update by default is enabled now,is it possible to be fixed?

• Administrators

Th

7 hours ago, tbsky said:

Thanks for clarify. since auto-update by default is enabled now,is it possible to be fixed?

This is not possible. Unlike running a software install task when the program is installed via the Windows Installer (msiexec.exe), auto-updates are installed by the program itself by assembling files using differential update files without the use of Windows Installer which stores its data (including the installation date) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

Th

This is not possible. Unlike running a software install task when the program is installed via the Windows Installer (msiexec.exe), auto-updates are installed by the program itself by assembling files using differential update files without the use of Windows Installer which stores its data (including the installation date) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.

I don't understand. the installed eset endpoint product version is also at that registry place (eg: DisplayVersion). if the registry key "DisplayVersion" can be modified via auto-update  to correct value, why not modify "InstallDate" at the same place also?