Pass word Tools

LarryA

New to the forums and ESET have Nod32 installed. Used Norton products for years decided to try Nod32 since it uses less system resources and a very good anti virus software. Looking for a Pass Word Tool to remember various pass words for different log ins. 

Does ESET have a Utility to remember Pass Words? The Pass Word tool is mentioned in the ESET training videos.    

If not would some one please recommend one. The only one I am familiar with is the Norton Pass Word Tool.

Thank You

LarryA

KeePass is great for people who prefer keeping their passwords local and offline, i personally use LastPass however because of the added online convenience and its also a great password manager. Dashlane is another option if you want kind of a middle ground of the 2 since you can choose local or online storage, but all 3 are pretty solid, just depends what your preference is.

Edited by firzen771

Yes, there are a lot of password managers outside.

And no ESS or NOD32 have no integrated password manager. And if then it would also have a big disadvantage, because ESET cannot open it's source code, but open-source is a big factor when choosing security-relevant software like password managers.

And many password managers are open-source.

And can you link to ESET training videos where it is mentioned that ESET would contain a password manager?

Because if this is really claimed there then it's wrong.

Edited by rugk

• Most Valued Members

A note about LastPass if you lose your Master Password LastPass can not help you recover it as they can not access it. As a result you will not be able to access your saved passwords. Don't ask how I know this. :wacko:

@SCR Yes of course you can't. That's the system of password managers!

I would be very critical to password managers which could do this - so it's good that they can't recover the password!

Edited by rugk