EES 10.1.2046.0 on Server (2012R2/2016/2019

Brambb
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi,

Is this something new which is supported by Endpoint Security [10.1.2046.0]? Cause in the past this could not be done and returned an error 'This product version is not intended for server operating systems.'

Now due to a 'brain fart' (I can blame a collogue) something happened that we launched the wrong install job from our PROTECT server which plain installs 'The latest EES from here: https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/business/ees/windows/latest/ees_nt64.msi'

to my surprise now a mix of 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 (RDS) servers are all protected by ENDPOINT SECURITY.

..Is this possible by design? Cause in HELP/KB files I cant find SERVER SUPPORT for EES. Does the documentation lack or this shouldnt have been made possible?

[I have no problems ATM - I am running uninstalls and launching the correct TASK instead but just for my information]

• Administrators
  • Solution

While installation of ESET Endpoint on a server is not officially supported, it's not blocked either and we allow that, e.g. if somebody wants to use a firewall or antispam on a server.

Okidoki; But that policy changed recently? Cause I am quite sure this was not the case earlier? 

But its OK. So now we learned to look at our install task names better :)