Eset 16.2.11.0 sidebar info is blank for some rules

• ESET Insiders

I Just updated to Eset Internet Security 16.2.11.0 and everything is blank in the sidebar for some application rules. Application, Availability, Action, Direction, Times Applied, Profile, Protocol, Local, and Remote are all blank.  This is shown in the 2 screenshots below. I can send Eset logs if requested by PM.

My System Specs are as listed.

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎5/‎28/‎2023
OS build    19045.3208
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

Eset 1.png

Eset 2.png

Edited by cutting_edgetech

• ESET Insiders

Ok, I  just discovered the info is actually there but out of view far to the right margin. One has to scroll far to the right to see the information listed for Availability, Action, Direction, Times Applied, Profile, Protocol, Local, and Remote for some Firewall rules. This same information is easily visible for most rules without having to scroll to the right. Below shows what the sidebar looks like when the user does not have to scroll far to the right to see the information listed for Application, Availiability, Action, Direction, Times Applied, Profile, Protocol, Local, and Remote.

EsetRules.thumb.png.93b5f45a97c967ce30a9cd78f0956df4.png

I really don't know what you are referring to. Here's a screen shot on my ver 16.2. The fly-out just hides part of the GUI page. The only thing hidden is the no. of times applied column.

Eset_Firewall.thumb.png.cc1f0a262d1b28cea6949c09d0d7c401.png

• ESET Insiders

All the info that should be listed where the red squares are is hidden far to the right of the margin.  No application name, no port number, etc...

Eset 1.png

If the application path is too long, a scroll bar appears at the bottom (see yellow box).
Click on it with the mouse and drag it to the right, then you will see the missing information.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 233301.jpg

• ESET Insiders
23 minutes ago, reisender1967 said:

If the application path is too long, a scroll bar appears at the bottom (see yellow box).
Click on it with the mouse and drag it to the right, then you will see the missing information.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 233301.jpg

I know about the scroll bar. The point is the user should not have to scroll so far to right margin to see that information. That information should be listed right next to the field names. There really should be no reason for the user to have to scroll at all to see that information. Once the user scrolls over to the right the user can not visibly see which data belongs to which field because the field names are out of view then.

I double checked my custom firewall rules and the fly-out populates correctly.

Try returning to default GUI color mode to see if black mode is the issue.

• ESET Insiders
5 minutes ago, itman said:

I double checked my custom firewall rules and the fly-out populates correctly.

Try returning to default GUI color mode to see if black mode is the issue.

I changed to Light Mode and still the same problem.

Eset 4.png

• ESET Insiders
1 hour ago, itman said:

Test one or more of your custom firewall rules and see if they still work.

I think maybe you misunderstand the problem. It looks like Eset has created a design flaw in the GUI. When you have a firewall rule for an application that has a long application path it moves all the data located in the second field too far to the right margin to be seen.  Then you have to scroll to it in order to see it. Then you can't visibly see which data belongs to which field because the field names are no longer visible after you scroll to the right. The longer the application path the farther it moves that data over to the right margin. The user should be able to see that data without having to scroll to the right.

Take a look at the rule you have for SearchApp.exe and you should see what I mean if the same thing is happening on your system. Here is what the sidebar looks like for SearchApp.exe on my system.  It moves the data almost completely out of view for SearchApp.exe on my system. I can barley see where the beginning of the second field begins. Many of my other firewall rules are moved much farther over to the right margin than SearchApp.exe

Eset 5.png

14 hours ago, cutting_edgetech said:

I think maybe you misunderstand the problem. It looks like Eset has created a design flaw in the GUI. When you have a firewall rule for an application that has a long application path it moves all the data located in the second field too far to the right margin to be seen.

It would have helped if you originally stated you had set the Eset GUI to full screen mode. By doing so, I was able to duplicate the issue.

• ESET Insiders
10 hours ago, itman said:

It would have helped if you originally stated you had set the Eset GUI to full screen mode. By doing so, I was able to duplicate the issue.

It doesn't matter on my system if you are in full screen mode or default mode.  The problem is still the same. Most of the images above show the Windows in default mode without being maximized.