eset liveguard test file not detected as malware

anjayani

• ESET Moderators

Hello @anjayani,

have you followed the instructions at https://help.eset.com/elga/en-US/?test_functionality.html, especially the 
"5.Windows users: To make the file unique, open the command line by pressing Win+R and type powershell. Navigate to the folder with the excluded test file. Run the command below, it adds the current timestamp to the end of the file, and the file gets a new hash:
Add-Content .\EdtdTestFile.exe $(date)" part? 

I tested it myself and the modified file bas been submitted and detected / removed after the analysis.

image.png

image.png

Peter

15 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @anjayani,

have you followed the instructions at https://help.eset.com/elga/en-US/?test_functionality.html, especially the 
"5.Windows users: To make the file unique, open the command line by pressing Win+R and type powershell. Navigate to the folder with the excluded test file. Run the command below, it adds the current timestamp to the end of the file, and the file gets a new hash:
Add-Content .\EdtdTestFile.exe $(date)" part? 

I tested it myself and the modified file bas been submitted and detected / removed after the analysis.

image.png

image.png

Peter

hi peter, yes i do follow that instruction, in the first test its work perfectly, but yesterday (june 26th) is different the sample detected as clean , check picture below.!

But after i create this page, i do test again, and the sample detected as malware again.
let me guess, the elg learning this sample ,after so much test using this sample the elg machine mark this sample as clean?

thanks

image.png.8b84a5ee41f1c5f4d507a5b68ed58590.png

• ESET Moderators

Hello @anjayani,

glad to hear that it works now, so you can be sure that the ELGA is protecting your environment as it should.

When it comes to the question why it was not detected, I do not want to speculate / guess so to get an answer it would have to be checked from the logs...

Peter