A suggestion

I think ESET should develop proactive defense system just like SONAR, Deepguard and so on. Although ESET has outstanding detection capability so far, but from my standpoint, signatures and heuristics seems more difficult to deal with latest threats.

Of course, ESET has HIPS system that allows security Geeks edits its own rules to against virus, but most ESET users aren't experts. Besides, the default mode of HIPS is totally useless when a malicious app is running.

Please consider this suggestion.

Edited by Antoniano

• Administrators

I think ESET should develop proactive defense system just like SONAR, Deepguard and so on. Although ESET has outstanding detection capability so far, but from my standpoint, signatures and heuristics seems more difficult to deal with latest threats.

Of course, ESET has HIPS system that allows security Geeks edits its own rules to against virus, but most ESET users aren't experts. Besides, the default mode of HIPS is totally useless when a malicious app is running.

Please consider this suggestion.

ESET will only uses protection systems that do not trigger false positives. ESET LiveGrid coupled with Advanced heuristics and HIPS (advanced memory scanner) bring superior protection against zero-day malware.

I agree with Marcos, and we haven't really seen what AMS (advanced memory scanner) goes for yet. But I bet ESET knows how effective it is through their internal testing  :D

Edited by SweX

• ESET Insiders

I agree with Marcos, and we haven't really seen what AMS (advanced memory scanner) goes for yet. But I bet ESET knows how effective it is through their internal testing  :D

It is likely that this feature protects against worms that never make it to harddisk.

• Administrators

I use v7 for testing unrecognized malware from live malicious urls and AMS catches it in most cases. I look forward to seeing results of malware tests with v7 :)

• 5 months later...
  • ESET Insiders

signatures and heuristics seems more difficult to deal with latest threats.

Not heuristics, but the context in that are operating these heuristics

I use v7 for testing unrecognized malware from live malicious urls and AMS catches it in most cases. I look forward to seeing results of malware tests with v7 :)

I cannot wait for the results as new v7 seems to introduce what I`m call a "Just-In-Time Heuristics"  :rolleyes:

So do i