Adware not dected by eset... :/

Kiko

• Former ESET Employees

ESET does detect Wajam, ie. hxxp://www.virusradar.com/en/search/all/wajam

and there is already at least one thread on this forum with users seeing detection: Interesting, https://forum.eset.com/topic/431-win32wajam/

It may also help to remember the following as it pertains to using Virus Total to determine AV detection (ie. DON'T)

https://www.virustotal.com/en/about/best-practices/

• VirusTotal should not be used for antivirus/URL scanner testing. VirusTotal was not designed as a tool to perform antivirus comparative analyses, but as a tool that checks suspicious samples with several antivirus solutions and helps antivirus labs by forwarding them the malware they fail to detect. Those using VirusTotal to perform antivirus comparative analyses should know that they are making many implicit errors in their methodology.

This is totally off-topic, but I post in this thread to explain my little problem, because it happened with this thread.

For quite some time now (maybe a month) it seems that some threads does not show up for me until some other member make a post in them.

This thread for example, it was created Nov 22, but I saw it the first time today only because dwomack posted in it.

I was in the "general" forum section several times yesterday and there was no new unread threads there.

Probably over 10 threads has not showed until someone else has posted in them. A few of them several days old.

It does not happen with all threads it is totally random. I obviously want it to stop so I can se all threads right after they are published like everyone else.

Sorry for off-topic but as this thread was one of them that did not show up until now (5 days after it was started) I decided to post in it to let you know. 

Edit: "TomFace" Thanksgiving thread for example was showing just like normal even if no one had posted a reply before I did.

Edit: The 2 posts by "Tani" in the Beta forum section made on Nov 22 showed up as new posts today.

Edit: The 2 posts by "Tani" in the general forum section(also made Nov 22), in the "introduce yourself" and "two factor authentication" threads showed up today, BUT not as new unread posts and the threads are not colored "grey" as they are when there is new unread content. And that is funny, because I know that I have not read those posts but they still don't show up like it is new posts in those threads. (I only saw them because there was a pink avatar up there that I haven't seen during the period Nov 22 - Nov 27)

Edited by SweX

Edit: The 2 posts by "Tani" in the general forum section(also made Nov 22), in the "introduce yourself" and "two factor authentication" threads showed up today, BUT not as new unread posts and the threads are not colored "grey" as they are when there is new unread content. And that is funny, because I know that I have not read those posts but they still don't show up like it is new posts in those threads. (I only saw them because there was a pink avatar up there that I haven't seen during the period Nov 22 - Nov 27)

FYI...I am not a forum "eagle eye" but I follow the "introduce yourself" thread and did not receive notification of Tani posting. I saw the pink avatar in the beta section yesterday, but not in the general section. It does seem at times that things just pop up out of nowhere.

Sincerely,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

FYI...I am not a forum "eagle eye" but I follow the "introduce yourself" thread and did not receive notification of Tani posting. I saw the pink avatar in the beta section yesterday, but not in the general section. It does seem at times that things just pop up out of nowhere.

Sincerely,

Tom

Hey TomFace, thanks for letting me/us know!

Right, it sounds like I'm not alone seeing new posts or threads popup even if they are several days old. I think you agree with that  it's kinda weird and annoying as we both know all posts by "Tani" in both forum sections beta & general was made on Nov 22.

But neither you or I saw the pink avatar in the general section yesterday or earlier, until today.

(But I didn't see the posts in the Beta section until today even if you saw them yesterday, but that is still 4 days too late for you haha ;-P )

I am actually not "following" any threads so I don't get any notifications about new posts, I simply go into the threads that have a "grey background" which means it either is a new thread or that there is new posts inside that I haven't read. Doing it like that have worked great for me this far, until this started happening.  :D

But you that do follow for example the "introduce yourself" thread but you still didn't get any notification about any new posts, yeah it sounds like something is not right here. Of course it shouldn't matter if one follow a thread or not, one should see new posts and threads straight after they are published. But it's good that you mention that you didn't get any notification even if you follow that thread.

Hmmm...this is weird.

Cheers!

P.S

Luckily I was able to see that you had posted in this thread...always something.  ;)

Edited by SweX

and "two factor authentication" threads showed up today, 

Today the forum says there is new posts in that thread "grey background", but there isn't any new posts, the post by "Tani" is still the latest one.  :blink:

Next time (if I remember) I will take a screenshot.

Edited by SweX