Banking protection stopped working

Banking protection has stopped opening the secured browser on every site i had set it to open it on, automatically , I  have to manually  open the secured browser via the desktop shortcut and  navigate to the selected sites ?

No problem here on ESSP ver. 16.1.14 using Firefox as Win default browser.

What browser are you using?

Edited by itman

Using FF  latest version,  Whilst i was testing  the only brower that it worked with  was IE7, lol, Anyhow a short time later i got a bug check,  blue screen, nvidia driver and win 7 system drivers But the banking protection and secured browser  opening again in FF ?  Very strange

1 hour ago, itman said:

What ver. of Eset do you have installed? Only Eset vers. 16.0.x or less support Win 7. The 16.1.x vers. of Eset do not support Win 7.

https://support.eset.com/en/kb7292-microsoft-windows-support-policy-and-eset-products

The last compatible version 16.0.26.0

1 hour ago, itman said:

BTW - in regards to that nVidia driver caused blue screen, nVidia has stopped supporting Win 7 for sometime: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/nvidia-is-dropping-support-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-drivers/ .

"Time to give up that Win 7 ghost."

They have only dropped win 7 and 8 from the latest GPU series,  Mine is a 980ti and still supported, Not that i have any new games installed  So  there is little if anything to be gained from the latest and greatest drivers

1 hour ago, tommy456 said:

Mine is a 980ti and still supported,

Not entirely true. Nvidia is only issuing driver updates for Win 7 for critical driver security issues and that will end next year.

Edited by itman

You might also want to review this list of Win 7 security vulnerabilities: https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-17153/Microsoft-Windows-7.html .

Microsoft has patches for these but they are only available for Win 7 Pro+ extended support installations.

Sorry if I intrude, but how do you use an antivirus on an obsolete operating system. It's like locking a car and leaving the windows open.
regards

15 hours ago, Tonyset said:

Sorry if I intrude, but how do you use an antivirus on an obsolete operating system. It's like locking a car and leaving the windows open.
regards

i use Internet security which has a software firewall as well as AV and the firewall is better than Windows O/S even 11 i would bet  I also use common sense , not had any problem thus far  I would have still been running XP had the pc it was installed on not died