Windows 10 file explorer crash

Dear all,

I a newbie into this forum. Since some days when I try to create a new folder I see that the file explorer of windows 10 (x64  22H2) crash.

The folder is created correctly but this crash is very annoying.

I also ask support on microsoft forum and they said that is probably a third part protection software issue...so I ask you for some suggestions in order to fix this trouble.

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

Is this related to ESET at all? Does disabling any of the protection features make a difference? Does the problem go away after temporarily uninstalling ESET?

I tried to disable everything (all protections) and effectly file explorer doesn't crash.

I also tried to enable again option by option and check the behavior and my trouble seems is fixed. Now I restore the default settings for eset and my file exploer works perfectly

My questions is...why? 🤔

In any case thanks

Sorry, but the trouble is occured again...

Today I will ask to my colleague if is possible unistall ion ordert o understand if is a eset trouble or is OS that has some issue

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2023 at 5:29 AM, Lombardi1986 said:

Sorry, but the trouble is occured again...

Today I will ask to my colleague if is possible unistall ion ordert o understand if is a eset trouble or is OS that has some issue

It may be that this problem is in the operating system, since when you deactivated eset everything worked normally, then you reactivated it and it continued normally. After a few days the problem came back. It could be a problem with the operating system or other programs on your machine. do you use any third party software not from Eset?

• 2 weeks later...