Smart Security Version Update

I use Eset Smart security on two PCs one win 7 32 bit a second win 8.1 64 bit and on a laptop win 7 64 bit. All different licences expiring different dates  in 2016. I see in this forum advice that the program has been updated from version 7 to version 8. My versions are 7.0.317.4.  I have received no automatic update advice on any of the above systems when I manually check the reply is all my systems are up todate which doesn't appear to be so. My present systems with version 7 work to my satisfaction I'm reluctant to update all three systems to version 8 after the experience I had with a manual update l did some time ago I don't won't to jump that hurdle(s) again. if I leave my systems as is I guess its ok for me to do so. Any comments please.        . 

• Administrators

A program component update (PCU) is basically the same as running an installer manually and installing a newer version on top of the older one. Until v8 becomes available as a PCU (which will take some little time), you can download it from ESET's website and install it. Also it might be worth mentioning what issues you encountered in the past when you attempted to upgrade ESET manually.

Maybe it would also be worth to take a look at the multi-device license pack if it is available in your region in the future.

Basically, like @Marcos said, you can use the live installer to upgrade your versions. It's quite comfortable and shouldn't make any issues.

And it's quite the same as if you would upgrade it through the user interface.

Basically, like @Marcos said, you can use the live installer to upgrade your versions. It's quite comfortable and shouldn't make any issues.

......or the offline installer: hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/5/#offline

Yes! I know you like the offline installer. :D

But I mentioned the online installer, because that's the installer that is also used when updating through the GUI.

......or the offline installer: hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/5/#offline

Yes! I know you like the offline installer. :D

But I mentioned the online installer, because that's the installer that is also used when updating through the GUI.

Yes I love it, I use it all the time. I am not a fan of any type of live installer, I like to download the whole package and run it locally  :D  

I just thought to mention both options and let the TS decide wich of the methods he/she want to use.

Yes I love it, I use it all the time. I am not a fan of any type of live installer, I like to download the whole package and run it locally  :D  

I just thought to mention both options and let the TS decide wich of the methods he/she want to use.

Yes, of course that's legitimate. :)

Thank you to those who replied. I have successfully updated all three systems to version 8 without any problems using live update. I would not have known there had been an update if I hadn't dropped in on this forum. Is there an automatic  notification system to alert license holders product updates are available.  regards

I have successfully updated all three systems to version 8 without any problems using live update.

Great!

Is there an automatic  notification system to alert license holders product updates are available.

Yes, there is. However it's just the same as if you would click on "Check for product upgrade" in the settings.

In another thread I already summarized all this question about a product upgrade in a short post: https://forum.eset.com/topic/3575-no-upgrade-notification/?p=20811