How to buy international license with US credit card?

If I go to the international website, then when I click "buy" it dumps me into the "store" website associated with the country my IP address is in (which I can change with a VPN).  But, I want to buy the international version, not the US version, or some other country-specific version.  How do I do that?

With a French IP, it will take me to the French ESET store.  If I am able to read or translate the text, would I be able to buy the French version of ESET with a US credit card?

My trial license was issued in Europe (for what I thought was the international version) via my VPN.

• Administrators

We strongly recommend purchasing from your local distributor. In case of payment, malware or technical issues, you would have to contact ESET LLC. Please contact ESET LLC to find out if you are eligible for purchasing from them.

There is no international version of ESET products. English version is used worldwide besides localized versions.

• Administrators

This is international (English) version of the website which provides download links to ESET installers which are same on each country's website.

Do the European ESET "store" websites accept US credit cards?  Most of the currency would be Euros, but I think the credit cards will automatically convert it for you, with an added charge.

Also, does it matter where my trial license is from vs. where I buy the paid license?  Will the software let me enter a valid license from any country or would it have to be bought from the same country where the trial was started?

• Administrators

Licenses purchased in certain countries can be activated only in the particular country. I can't speak on behalf of ESET LLC, the US branch of ESET, if they would accept the payment and issue a license that could be activated worldwide. I've asked a colleague from ESET LLC but it may take some time to get a response due to different time zones.

The question is why don't you want an American license?

Other countries don't get any additional benefits that I'm aware of.

I've also seen that buying licenses from countries you are not residing can cause the license to not activate.

You are just setting yourself up for having problems in the future.

I was asking about trial country vs. purchase country, not purchase country vs. activation country.  If I started the free trial in one country, am I stuck with that country, or can I replace that trial license with a paid license from any other country?

I've also seen that buying licenses from countries you are not residing can cause the license to not activate.

As long as the payment is accepted, I can't see how there would be any other problem.  I have a VPN so I can take on the IP address of any country.

• Administrators

Trial licenses are not locked to a particular country. Moreover, one can uninstall a trial version, purchase a license, install ESET from scratch and activate it with the purchased license right away.

OK, thanks.  If you can find out whether the European stores accept US credit cards, please follow up here with that info.  Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to try it.

(Sheesh.  The website logged me out even though I posted a message 8 minutes ago.)

Edited by MrZork

• Administrators

Purchasing from the US e-store is not possible if the billing address entered during purchase is outside of the US. I'd recommend contacting your local ESET distributor if paying with the US card is the only option you have.

5 hours ago, MrZork said:

If you can find out whether the European stores accept US credit cards, please follow up here with that info.  Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to try it.

I just checked out the Eset U.K. web site. Billing address info is locked to U.K. and select former territories. As such if you live in the U.S., you will have to purchase from Eset U.S. web site. Note that billing address info is what is used during credit card verification processing.