Keyboard app doesn't work correctly

There's a keyboard app that I use to type in my language inside browsers and other places. But with ESET and its Keyboard Protection with Secure Browser Mode which is enabled by default, it's not possible to write with it. ESET randomizes every typed letter.

This is a trusted app used by thousands or even millions who speak the language. So it's not an ideal situation. There's a decent number of ESET customers in my country and I'm sure most of them have no clue to why the app is not working.

This is a major issue and something should be done to fix it. Any alternative method that requires users interaction can not be accepted. The solution has to be automatic.

The app I mentioned is Avro Keyboard. There is also Bijoy which has more than one variants I think. I don't use that but I'm guessing users of Bijoy are also affected by this.

So please do something about it, fix the issue.

Link to download Avro: https://www.omicronlab.com/avro-keyboard.html

It also has portable edition that I use. But the issue is present in both.

• Administrators

Please disable keyboard protection since the two apps apparently clash together when keys are scrambled by the secured browser.

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please disable keyboard protection since the two apps apparently clash together when keys are scrambled by the secured browser.

That's not a solution, though. That's a workaround. I know that disabling it makes it work but an average user doesn't know this and would have no clue. Since ESET has made the decision about secure browser being enabled by default, the solution has to come from ESET as well by default. 

1 hour ago, SeriousHoax said:

Since ESET has made the decision about secure browser being enabled by default, the solution has to come from ESET as well by default

True. I have a problem with this feature too when I'm using 'IE Tab' on Edge Browser. Yes, disable keyboad protection fix the problem, but that is not the option for all users since Secure Browser enable by default.

2 hours ago, Mr_Frog said:

True. I have a problem with this feature too when I'm using 'IE Tab' on Edge Browser. Yes, disable keyboad protection fix the problem, but that is not the option for all users since Secure Browser enable by default.

Yeah, exactly. That's my point. It was not an issue when secure browser wasn't the default, but since now it is, the solution for this should come by default as well. The ESET team probably should've considered all the circumstances before making it default.

Just disable the Secure all browsers option. You don't want to disable B&PP keylogger protection.

Secure all browsers to date conflicts with a lot of software. Add to this that it by default allows all browser extensions, etc., etc.. It should have never been implemented in the first place.

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, itman said:

Secure all browsers to date conflicts with a lot of software. Add to this that it by default allows all browser extensions, etc., etc.. It should have never been implemented in the first place.

Yeah, that's my opinion also. It should never have been implemented as a default option. It's not possible for me to recommend ESET to people around me as it stands.