404 Error Login

Guest frankfrankfrank

Guest frankfrankfrank

Hi, I have been getting errors at login screen that look like this

image.png

I can't login on my PC, laptop, ON THE ACTUAL ESET APP, or my phone on its own network! What's going on and how do I proceed at a developer perspective

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, Marcos said:

I have no issues opening https://login.eset.com. Is anybody else having issues?

I get 

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from login.eset.com. (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
  • Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Marcos said:

The SSLLabs checker is not showing any cert. errors for me:

image.png

Has the issue resolved on your side?

Still refusing to load on my phone. I can tell it to ignore the warning but the site doesn't actually load

Edited by peteyt
  • Most Valued Members
21 hours ago, Marcos said:

I have no issues opening https://login.eset.com. Is anybody else having issues?

Actually works for me. The URL you posted had added a full stop to the link. It's that that causes the error on my end and removing works fine 

I can now connect to login.eset.com in FireFox w/o issue.

Again, the issue yesterday was FireFox was using invalid Certificate #2 as shown above per QUALS analysis: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=login.eset.com instead of Certificate #1 which is valid and the correct certificate. Also, as my above tracert output shows, connection to login.eset.com IP address was never made. This to me is indicative of man-in-the-middle activity on the Internet itself.

I have an explanation for the tracert output.

In the U.S. at least, login.eset.com traffic is being routed to Microsoft servers per the below Robtex screen shots. They in turn are routing the traffic to Eset servers. I suspect the invalid self-signed cert. that was showing up yesterday is what Microsoft is using to intercept login.eset.com traffic and that processing got borked with the cert. being returned to the browser. One more reason to not use Eset online license management processing.Eset_login_1.thumb.png.53760f7aa6678f4a5a5f5390249ad781.png

Eset_login_2.png.53440d77efb62fb626c9d97fea0ec231.png

Edited by itman
Guest frankfrankfrank

The problem is not the cert. preventing me from accessing the URL. The problem is when I access the URL and place my credentials..... the error I get is on that screen shot I provided on my first post. I don't understand why this is happening. I can't login through the ESET application as well. I don't believe my email is associated with a Single Sign On and it goes straight to that error screen.

2 hours ago, Guest frankfrankfrank said:

The problem is not the cert. preventing me from accessing the URL. The problem is when I access the URL and place my credentials..... the error I get is on that screen shot I provided on my first post

Does this occur when attempting to set up a new login.eset.com account, or when attempting to log in to an existing account?

The text shown in the screen shot appears to be related to an attempted password change.

Edited by itman

Some comments about home.eset.com.

When I checked that domain in Robtex, it appears to be a direct connection to Eset servers. However when I ran a tracert on home.eset.com, the results were the same as I posted above; it is still going to Microsoft servers and terminating there.

Guest frankfrankfrank
5 hours ago, itman said:

Does this occur when attempting to set up a new login.eset.com account, or when attempting to log in to an existing account?

The text shown in the screen shot appears to be related to an attempted password change.

When attempting to log in to an existing account. I have tried two accounts and what I have on the screenshot is what comes up. In fact, I could type anything on the login page and results to what I have on the screenshot. On ESET app, all accounts come up as invalid password/login (I know the account information remains untouched).

I may double check what access I have to ESET app because I don't know any alternative to downloading ESET without being able to login to the website.  

Guest frankfrankfrank

Alright. I was able to login through the ESET app. Had to recover my password since it was incorrect. The error on the OP screenshot isn't coming up anymore for wrong passwords so I'm guessing it was fixed recently.