Jump to content

Version 10.0.2034 and Windows 7


Zen11t
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here's the relevant OS support link: https://support-eol.eset.com/en/policy_business/os_support_policy_win.html .

My take on this is EEA/EES ver. 10.x won't even install itself on any device with Win 7 installed . As such, an existing EEA/EES installation on Win 7 will not try to auto upgrade to ver. 10.x. If did, the installation would fail anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, itman said:

Here's the relevant OS support link: https://support-eol.eset.com/en/policy_business/os_support_policy_win.html .

My take on this is EEA/EES ver. 10.x won't even install itself on any device with Win 7 installed . As such, an existing EEA/EES installation on Win 7 will not try to auto upgrade to ver. 10.x. If did, the installation would fail anyway.

according to the chart, win10 support will end at 2025?  but win10 1809/2021 LTSC/IOT have upstream 10 years support, so win10 will survive at least until 2028(LTSC/IOT)/2031(IOT). can eset be used at that time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, tbsky said:

according to the chart, win10 support will end at 2025?  but win10 1809/2021 LTSC/IOT have upstream 10 years support, so win10 will survive at least until 2028(LTSC/IOT)/2031(IOT). can eset be used at that time?

Good question.

I would open a support ticket and ask this question there. My best guess is when Microsoft make a public announcement on extended support details for Win 10, Eset will make its decision on extending support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2022 at 10:46 PM, itman said:

Good question.

I would open a support ticket and ask this question there. My best guess is when Microsoft make a public announcement on extended support details for Win 10, Eset will make its decision on extending support.

thanks a lot for the help. I hope it's not too hard to support these win10/win11 LTSC/IOT versions. since they were born about the same time as windows server (like windows server 2016/2019/2022). maybe they can be supported together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...