eset version downgrade

Hello,

i need to downgrade eset version from 10.0 to 8.1. I uninstalled 10.0 version, made a backup of certificates and so on. SQL DB is installed on another server

When I am installing a version 8.1 I am getting an error: Newer version of the database is already installed.  And I can't to continue installation. How to solve this problem.
Eset.jpg.ad714c9c2bbab124e1777ce1eca76551.jpg

So if I will delete DB, after installation i must to recover it from a backup? Or it will fill up automatically from existing eset agents? How I to do it without losing any information ? Is it some kind of instruction, that i didn't find on internet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

Unfortunately direct downgrade is not possible. In this case, only possibility (without any guarantees as this scenario is not tested nor supported) might be migration (https://help.eset.com/protect_install/10.0/en-US/migration_procedures.html) as in case of switching DB types - but it involves new installation (with clear database) and manual migration of key objects so that at least connectivity of ESET Management Agents can be established - this includes especially migration of certificates in correct order. But be aware this might result in a state when connectivity of AGENT might not be possible to recover if steps are to be made in wrong order, or any other issues is found.