Secure Banking - Secured Institutes

Hello,

I just opened a few institutes in the browser.

DEKA, Americanexpress, Sparkasse, Advanzia, the protection starts automatically. e.g. not with comdirect or ING.

Why, for example, are these banks not recognised? Aren't they considered a bank?

Greetings

You will have to open Banking and Payment Protection manually via either desktop icon or within the Eset GUI. Then access the ING or comdirect web site manually.

Alternatively, you can add any web site; i.e. https://www.ing.de , to Eset B&PP Protected web sites per below screen shot. Then set the site to open under secure browser.

Eset_Protected.thumb.png.1a1e7a53bd45fc87e8732fe73bf77812.png

Edited by itman

Thank you for the guide. 😃

I also would like to know, why these are not implemented as a Bank by default. Is there any reason?

These aren't small banks either.

Stop and think what you're suggesting (ie) IF Eset 'Sees" the letter characters...  b a n k .... in those positions, Apply BPP automatically. What happens with -- b a n k e r --? Key letters are there, WHAT does ESET do? Some Financial companies don't even have b a n k IN their Name, BUT you'd likely want BPP.

Take a deep breath and manually apply BPP when desired.

6 minutes ago, COStark26 said:

Stop and think what you're suggesting (ie) American Express letter characters in a Row tells ESET Nothing. You're wanting ESET to compile a list of every Financial Institution on the planet and apply BPP automatically. 

I HATE the EDIT Timeout ... What I should have written ...

Stop and think what you're suggesting (ie) American Express letter characters in a Row tells ESET Nothing. You're wanting ESET to compile a list of every Financial Institution on the planet and apply BPP automatically. 

• Administrators
On 10/13/2022 at 10:50 AM, blaxxz said:

DEKA, Americanexpress, Sparkasse, Advanzia, the protection starts automatically. e.g. not with comdirect or ING.

Why, for example, are these banks not recognised? Aren't they considered a bank?

I've tried https://kunde.comdirect.de/lp/wt/login?execution=e1s1 and https://mijn.ing.nl/login, both were opened in a secure browser.

10 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Wasn't a secure browser open after clicking Login?

image.png

Sorry, yes it was opened. I didn't want to accept site cookies so that I could click on the logon tab.

The discrepancy here, if there is one, is most major bank web sites open in a secured browser w/o having to login.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, itman said:

The discrepancy here, if there is one, is most major bank web sites open in a secured browser w/o having to login.

Unless a bank site has a login form on the main page, it shouldn't open in a secure browser. Only after clicking a login link you should be redirected to a secure browser. If you have some examples of bank websites whose main page opens in a secure browser, I can check it out.

Anyways, we're going to get rid of redirection and use "Secure all browsers" by default.

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Unless a bank site has a login form on the main page, it shouldn't open in a secure browser.

OK. Got it.

I didn't realize BP&P was triggering off of logon form on the bank web site home page as shown on my bank's web site:

Eset_BPP.thumb.png.74c45bf4044b738ecfc30323d90cf876.png

• 2 weeks later...

On ing.de there was no asking for the Secure browser.

I thought that the pages themselves are always directly protected by Eset. It was not clear to me that it only happens when it comes to login.

Thank you for the answers.

@COStark26

I don't know what your problem is, but I hope you're okay.

1 hour ago, blaxxz said:

On ing.de there was no asking for the Secure browser.

This was explained previously: https://forum.eset.com/topic/34060-secure-banking-secured-institutes/?do=findComment&comment=157376 .

If the financial web site does not contain a login window/form directly on the web site home page, B&PP mode won't be enabled. In the case of ing.de, only a login tab exists on the home web page. Open the logon tab and see if B&PP mode activates.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Valek said:

Secure data doesn't work for me. It keeps telling me to reboot and the fuse is red. I reboot but it doesn't get better.

Please open a support ticket for help with further troubleshooting.