ESET PROTECT 9.1.18.1

Hello.  When I logged into ESET PROTECT this morning and checked my Dashboard, I noticed that a new version of ESET Management Agent is available.  I'm running 9.1.1295.0 and 9.1.1298.0 is out, but I don't see an update for ESET PROTECT (Server) yet.  I'm running 9.1 (9.1.1295.0) and it was my understanding that you wait for the server to get upgraded before you upgrade the agent.  I checked https://help.eset.com/latestVersions/?lang=en and the latest version of ESET PROTECT is 9.1.18.1 (July 27, 2022).  Will the upgrade to ESET PROTECT be released soon?

I just saw @Marcospost about the 9.1.18.1 hotfix, but I still don't have this option to update on my ESET PROTECT.  Is there a way to manually check for updates?  It seems like there's no way to do this and you have to wait until the upgrade option is available.

I still don't have this option to upgrade ESET PROTECT.  Is there a reason why it hasn't shown up yet?  Why isn't there a way to force an update check?

• ESET Staff

Hello, this version only includes following changes: 

1. New version of ESET Management Agent 
  2. New version of Microsoft SQL Express DB, including the latest CU update, packed in the AIO. 

Therefore, ESET PROTECT will not show you the popup to upgrade. You can upgrade the machine where the server is running by running the AIO installer on it. For the rest, you can update the agents by choosing a corresponding option in the main dashboard, where it should indicate that the agents are out of date. 

There seems to be a catch-22 problem. My server runs Server version 9.1.0.1295 and Agent version 9.1.0.1295. I am seeing everywhere (dashboard, machine details etc) that the agent is out-of-date, and I understand why. However, the automatic update task does not seem to apply to that machine; and when I select that particular machine and press Update ESET Products, I am told: "No ESET products that can be updated automatically have been found."

• ESET Staff
1 minute ago, antoineL said:

There seems to be a catch-22 problem. My server runs Server version 9.1.0.1295 and Agent version 9.1.0.1295. I am seeing everywhere (dashboard, machine details etc) that the agent is out-of-date, and I understand why. However, the automatic update task does not seem to apply to that machine; and when I select that particular machine and press Update ESET Products, I am told: "No ESET products that can be updated automatically have been found."

Yes, you are right. This behavior is considered to be a bug, and should be fixed in the future versions. To update the agent on the machine where the ESET PROTECT Server is running, you need to  install it either manually (download the standalone MSI) or using the All in One Installer as pointed out above. 

Are we not able to use the ESET PROTECT Components Upgrade task to upgrade the agent on our clients to 9.1.0.1298?  I would normally create a new task to do this for our PCs that aren't domain joined, but since the version of ESET PROTECT is 9.1.1295.0, it only shows 9.1.1295.0 for the reference ESET PROTECT server when creating the task. 

Doesn't the server version need to be the same as the agent version?  It appears that the server will stay on 9.1.0.1295 and the agents will be on 9.1.0.1298.  Is this correct?

• ESET Staff

You should be able to use the task. The "dashboard" action does not do anything else, just triggers the task. This agent is referenced internally with the server version you have installed. Server will stay, agents will be updated to the latest version if you direct the task to group "all". Just the agent on the machine where protect is installed will have to be upgraded manually. 

We are currently running ESET Protect 9.0.2144 on CentOS 7.9.2009.  We have a popup upgrade available within the console.  The RSS feed shows that 9.1 is available.  The RSS feed also shows Hotfixes 9.1.18.1 and 9.1.18.2

How do we know which hotfix applies to Windows and which to Linux server?  What version will the popup option on the console install?  Looked at many KB articles and cannot determine how to get to 9.1

Want to get to 9.1 but not really sure how to proceed.  Maybe wait for 9.2?

• ESET Staff

Hello,

Hotfixes were only related to new version of agent (9.1.18.1) and new version of Apache HTTP Proxy (9.1.18.2).

If you trigger the upgrade using the task, it will install the version components according to current availability, meaning the latest server / webconsole (from the original 9.1 release) and agent. If you will do the appliance redeploy, it will include all of the latest components. There is no reason to wait with the upgrade.