Renewing to Internet Security and eset home usage

Hello, as the title says I'm upgrading my AV to internet security from the normal AV the people who work here in this country just told me to "Renew license" with my new keys I found this a bit strange since there is "activate product" right next to it, not sure if he is right or a bit confused. 

I just figured out that I am not using ESET home feature while was looking for info about the renewal, the thing is if I'm not using the laptop its always closed anyways that's why didn't really put much emphasis on it, is it any good/useful ?

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Tio said:

I found this a bit strange since there is "activate product" right next to it, not sure if he is right or a bit confused. 

Unfortunately it's not clear what you are referring to, a screenshot could clear it up. If it's your local distributor's e-store, please contact the distributor if you have any doubts or if something it not clear.

8 minutes ago, Tio said:

I just figured out that I am not using ESET home feature while was looking for info about the renewal, the thing is if I'm not using the laptop its always closed anyways that's why didn't really put much emphasis on it, is it any good/useful ?

You can sign up for ESET HOME at any time at https://home.eset.com/. Then you can connect your ESET products with your ESET HOME account.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately it's not clear what you are referring to, a screenshot could clear it up. If it's your local distributor's e-store, please contact the distributor if you have any doubts or if something it not clear.

You can sign up for ESET HOME at any time at https://home.eset.com/. Then you can connect your ESET products with your ESET HOME account.

Yeah is there any use of it ( ESET HOME) I'm about to have 2 eset products on 2 laptops tomorrow, and was wondering if I should do it

image.png

ESET Home will make managing your license easier. For example if your computer dies and you buy a new one to put ESET on the new one you would either require buying a new license or contacting support to deactivate your old broken computer. With ESET home you would just login to your account and click deactivate on your old computer. Which is much quicker than having to call support to do it for you.

Renew license will take you to the ESET renewal page and show you the cost to renew for another year. When I choose this method I'm offered a discount.

Activate product is for when you've chosen to buy ESET from somewhere else. So you'll be prompted for the activation key that the retailer will have provided you with. 

Both do exactly the same thing but it is much easier to just renew with ESET directly.

11 minutes ago, TheStill said:

ESET Home will make managing your license easier. For example if your computer dies and you buy a new one to put ESET on the new one you would either require buying a new license or contacting support to deactivate your old broken computer. With ESET home you would just login to your account and click deactivate on your old computer. Which is much quicker than having to call support to do it for you.

Renew license will take you to the ESET renewal page and show you the cost to renew for another year. When I choose this method I'm offered a discount.

Activate product is for when you've chosen to buy ESET from somewhere else. So you'll be prompted for the activation key that the retailer will have provided you with. 

Both do exactly the same thing but it is much easier to just renew with ESET directly.

I see, I am about to activate my internet security and gotta go to work asap, its possible to make eset home and connect the licenses later ?

• Administrators

Yes, you can add a license or connect an ESET product to your ESET HOME account at any time.

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

Yes, you can add a license or connect an ESET product to your ESET HOME account at any time.

Thank you