Good afternoon, ESET Team, I want to understand better about the partnership between the two companies?

1- What will change in ESET products?
2- What will be advantageous to have intel next to ESET?
3- Will the ESET product have better performance and better detection?

If anyone can inform what in fact in detail what will be good for this set with the partnership with Intel?

Unlocking the GPU for security and sifting through silicon-layer telemetry for ransomware threats

BRATISLAVA — March 3, 2022 — ESET, the leading endpoint protection platform vendor headquartered in Europe, has set out to integrate Intel® Threat Detection Technology (Intel® TDT) into its multi-layered cybersecurity technology suite.

Recognizing the complex and evolving nature of ransomware, an ever more formidable threat to customers’ work and personal lives, ESET will enhance its software-based detection technologies with a ransomware detection only Intel hardware can deliver. With progress in technological innovations often bringing new tools for the sustained growth and security of SMBs, the integration of Intel TDT means that ESET endpoint security software running on Intel-based PCs can deliver superior ransomware protection.

https://www.eset.com/us/about/newsroom/press-releases/eset-partners-with-intel-to-enhance-endpoint-security-with-hardware-based-ransomware-detection-4/

It also appears to be only applicable to Eset commercial products. I also suspect it only applies to Intel GPU's that are motherboard based.

It also appears that Windows Defender ATP has been using it since 2018: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/04/intel-microsoft-to-use-gpu-to-scan-memory-for-malware/

Edited by itman

14 minutes ago, itman said:

https://www.eset.com/us/about/newsroom/press-releases/eset-partners-with-intel-to-enhance-endpoint-security-with-hardware-based-ransomware-detection-4/

It also appears to be only applicable to Eset commercial products. I also suspect it only applies to Intel GPU's that are motherboard based.

It also appears that Windows Defender ATP has been using it since 2018: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/04/intel-microsoft-to-use-gpu-to-scan-memory-for-malware/

I see that in the link you sent you always talk about ransomware that will protect and other things.
So from the posts on other topics here on the forum, liveguard is not doing very well with ransomware. if this partnership was made, why is it not having positive results?

10 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

if this partnership was made, why is it not having positive results?

Considering it was just announced in Mar., it is still in the development stage.

19 minutes ago, itman said:

Considering it was just announced in Mar., it is still in the development stage.

Now what remains is for eset consumers, to wait for the eset team to inform you that the partnership is working 100% on the products of customers and domestic users.

I can't get excited over this development.

AMD based motherboard users are excluded. Also, only Intel motherboard users using integrated graphics are the only ones this feature would apply to. This by large would be commercial users. Also, many Intel motherboard home desktop users have a third party graphics card installed. As such, this feature would be N/A for them.

3 hours ago, itman said:

I can't get excited over this development.

AMD based motherboard users are excluded. Also, only Intel motherboard users using integrated graphics are the only ones this feature would apply to. This by large would be commercial users. Also, many Intel motherboard home desktop users have a third party graphics card installed. As such, this feature would be N/A for them.

Eset should look for more partnerships to improve the level of ESET, since only intel will not be enough even for the reasons you mentioned.