Windows 11 and Smart Security Premium = Disaster !

• ESET Insiders

with version 15.1.12.0 and windows 11 x64 build 22000.708 internet speed drops to 50% (i have 1 Gb/s) 

Speed test show only 450 mb/s with eset !

I tried everything I could but without any result, I turned off and restarted the firewall, I changed the network from public to home, PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

I am running ESSP and just performed an Internet based speed test. I have not seen any speed degradation with ESSP from those recorded when I was using EIS.

The only way to prove that ESSP on your Windows installation is the source of the speed degradation is to first export your existing Eset settings if you have made changes to Eset default ones. Uninstall ESSP. Run your speed test with only Microsoft Defender and the Win firewall active. If your speed tests don't improve significantly, ESSP is not the source of your speed degradation.

Finally, reinstall ESSP and import your previously saved Eset settings.

• Administrators

So the problem occurs immediately after a new installation with default settings? Does pausing web protection make a difference? If not, what about temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup?

• ESET Insiders

hi Marcos

yes,in browsers,i test google,edge chromium,firefox latest versions,if i download speedtest app from microsoft store speed it is ok,in browsers 50 % drops

i stop all module but no efect...strange...after 15.1.12.0 i see this...

i test latest beta build same problem...

Edited by glugy

• Most Valued Members
38 minutes ago, glugy said:

hi Marcos

yes,in browsers,i test google,edge chromium,firefox latest versions,if i download speedtest app from microsoft store speed it is ok,in browsers 50 % drops

i stop all module but no efect...strange...after 15.1.12.0 i see this...

i test latest beta build same problem...

Are you sure there is nothing being blocked & showing in the network troubleshooting wizard ? I have just ran speedtest and there is absolutely no drop in performance like you are experiencing.

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 16-12-15 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png

• ESET Insiders

^hi

you have latest stable windows 11  22000.708  ?

i not found solution...in app speed ok,in browsers no...

14 minutes ago, cyberhash said:

I have just ran speedtest and there is absolutely no drop in performance like you are experiencing.

I am wondering if the issue is ESSP running on Win 11? I am using Win 10. Are you using Win 11?

• Most Valued Members
9 minutes ago, glugy said:

^hi

you have latest stable windows 11  22000.708  ?

i not found solution...in app speed ok,in browsers no...

Yes im on the exact same windows build and have tested the speed on both firefox 101 and edge 102. I see you have said that you have tried everything, but have you uninstalled then used the Eset cleanup tool in safe mode to make sure that there are no remnants leftover and then installing as normal again ??

Screenshot (107).jpg

Edited by cyberhash
add image

• ESET Insiders

i test now in safe mode to see...and reply after

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

in safe mode it is ok ,i cant found bug ...

Captur-ecran-2.pngreinstall windows 11 build 22000.778 and eset bug it is present !

first test speed after install !

windows it is clean,eset default settings !

bug with windows 11 ?

50% internet speed it is low!

i tried to stop eset firewall,nothing !

Captur-ecran-1.png

Edited by glugy

• ESET Insiders

I have a 1 gbps network card, I updated to the version 15.2.11.0 same problem,speed test only 400 mbps !

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, glugy said:

I have a 1 gbps network card, I updated to the version 15.2.11.0 same problem,speed test only 400 mbps !

Please open a support ticket since additional logs will be needed for perusal.

• ESET Insiders

I discovered that the error occurs with any antivirus installed, there is a conflict with windows but I don't know what service should be stopped

• ESET Insiders

now i found internet speed ok in Speedtest app after update network card driver but only 50% in edge browser,stop web and firewall module,nothing...

20 hours ago, glugy said:

i not found what limit internet speed :( ... ...

Disable Eset Network Inspector:

Eset_NI.thumb.png.2676f7e6505962e95267a9bd855d52ed.png

Reboot and then run speed tests and see if this solves your network speed issues.

• ESET Insiders

^ thank you for reply,a process must be disabled but i do not know which, the error persists

• ESET Insiders

thank you boys and girls for support,i FOUND bug,it is cpu,work typed at low speed !

i whait new UPDATE and dark theme with round corner !

13 hours ago, glugy said:

thank you boys and girls for support,i FOUND bug,it is cpu,work typed at low speed !

i whait new UPDATE and dark theme with round corner !

You can be sure that you put the dark theme, I believe that will not happen, there are already several subjects talking about it. more than years until now we have no answer.