Extensions in eset banking protection

Why can't I install the Ublock Origin extension when using Eset Banking Protection?

When I switch to eset to secure all browsers along with the necessary extensions setting, Ublock works correctly in every browser.

Does this mean that the secure all browsers setting is less secure? Allows for more extensions than eset banking protection?

I am using EIS 15.1.12.0, browser is Google Chrome 100, Windows 10

1 hour ago, Tp6ojNfYgWweHa said:

Why can't I install the Ublock Origin extension when using Eset Banking Protection?

When Eset B&PP is opened without the Secure all browsers setting enabled, it is running in browser "lock down" mode. This means no browser extensions/add-ons are allowed to load.

Ublock Origin is still installed in the browser, it's just not allowed to load into the browser.

In eset banking protection without the secure option enabled, all browsers work, some extensions, because I can normally use bitwarden.

My question is which option is safer. Secure all browsers, or is it better to log into the bank only through eset banking protection?

• Administrators

It's ok to enable Secure all browsers option. As of the next version, it's likely that it will be enabled by default.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

As of the next version, it's likely that it will be enabled by default.

Definitely, not advisable.

Browser add--on/extensions can and have been hacked. By definition, a "locked down" browser means nothing is being loaded into the browser other than its native executables.