Jump to content

Internal Report Error after migrating database from mariadb 10.3 -> MySQL 8.0


Recommended Posts

Hello,

I am trying to migrate my database from MariaDB 10.3 to MySQL 8.0 in order to support upgrade to the new ESMC / ESET PROTECT v9 which no longer supports MariaDB.

I was able to import the database into MySQL following these instructions however now I am getting "Internal Report Error" on almost every screen (see attached screenshots).

I also tried upgrading both the console & the server components to v9 to see if it would fix the issue however it produces the same error.

Here's an output of the error logs from the console:

01-Apr-2022 20:55:08.666 SEVERE [pool-1-thread-11] sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.logger.LogItem.logInto [joel] Call  failed on server. Reason: 'Internal report error'
01-Apr-2022 20:55:08.666 WARNING [pool-1-thread-11] sk.eset.era.g3webserver.graphql.executionstrategy.GqlExecutionStrategyProvider$GqlExceptionHandler.toError EraRequestHandlingException: sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.connection.rpc.RpcException: Internal report error
        sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.common.model.exceptions.EraRequestHandlingException: Internal report error
                at sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.ServerModuleHelper.onRpcExceptionNoPending(ServerModuleHelper.java:159)
                at sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.ServerModuleHelper.onRpcException(ServerModuleHelper.java:149)
                at sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.ServerModuleHelper.doRequestAllowPending(ServerModuleHelper.java:243)
                at sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.reports.ReportsModuleImpl.generateReportInternal(ReportsModuleImpl.java:164)
                at sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.reports.ReportsModuleImpl.generateReport(ReportsModuleImpl.java:96)
                at sk.eset.era.g3webserver.reports.ReportGenerator.generate(ReportGenerator.java:50)
                at sk.eset.era.g3webserver.reports.GqlWrapperReportResolver.resolve(GqlWrapperReportResolver.java:53)
                at sk.eset.era.g3webserver.reports.GqlWrapperReportResolver.resolve(GqlWrapperReportResolver.java:43)
                at sk.eset.era.g3webserver.reports.GqlWrapperReportResolver.resolve(GqlWrapperReportResolver.java:27)
                at sk.eset.era.g3webserver.graphql.GqlApiQuery$1.lambda$resolve$0(GqlApiQuery.java:116)
                at sk.eset.era.g3webserver.graphql.QueryContext.lambda$executeAsync$0(QueryContext.java:77)
                at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1764)
                at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130)
                at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630)
                at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:831)
        Caused by: sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.connection.rpc.RpcException: Internal report error
                at sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.connection.rpc.RpcCallRequest.untypedSendTo(RpcCallRequest.java:117)
                at sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.connection.rpc.reports.GenerateReportRequest.sendTo(GenerateReportRequest.java:98)
                at sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.connection.rpc.reports.GenerateReportRequest.sendTo(GenerateReportRequest.java:36)
                at sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.rpcCalls.RpcCallsProdModule.send(RpcCallsProdModule.java:26)
                at sk.eset.era.g2webconsole.server.modules.ServerModuleHelper.doRequestAllowPending(ServerModuleHelper.java:235)

 

This has been driving me nuts for 2 days - I would appreciate any support you can provide.

 

Thank you,

 

eset-screenshot1.JPG

eset-screenshot2.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Hello,

I am concerned that the scenario you are trying to achieve is not supported, as MariaDB was never officially supported. Maybe @MartinK will be able to provide more insight, but I am really afraid it will not work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there, I discovered that the problem was a setting on the target MySQL database, specifically log_bin_trust_function_creators=1

It turns out our cloud provider does not allow us to enable that on their managed database.

So I went with a small MySQL 8 install on a VPS instead, and enabled that setting.

From there I was able to migrate off of MariaDB and perform the upgrade to version 9 without issue, and I don’t get any more errors.

 

Thank you,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...