Bulk Removal from MDM/ESET console

zeroexct
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi,

Due to the recent changes in company policy, we are moving to a different Endpoint security solution. Now we are decommissioning ESET. We use ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Management Agent for our AV solutions. The programs are password-protected so we are unable to send out a bulk uninstall command from Airwatch.

Is there a way to get around the password protection so we can initiate a bulk uninstall command? Is it possible to do it in the ESET Management console? Thank you.

• Administrators
  • Solution

If you know the password, you can specify it in the software uninstall task:

image.png

Otherwise you can apply a policy that will remove password protection first.

• ESET Staff

You can also disable the password protection via policy. But the recommendation from Marcos should suffice as well. 

For uninstallation of "ESET Management Agent" you need to perform the "stop managing task". But my recommendation would be the following: 

• uninstall ESET endpoint via the "software uninstall task" the way Marcos shown 
  • disable the "password protection" for ESET management agent 
  • uninstall ESET management agent using airwatch - agent itself does not interfere with anything, and once Endpoint is removed, could be easily uninstalled using 3rd party tool. 

Also, out of curiosity (you can also send me the response via private message) can you share the reasoning for the switch / company policy change and the vendor you are moving to? It´s always beneficial for us to understand our users / buyers behavior. Thank you.

Michal 

Edited by MichalJ

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advise, and I apologize for the late response. We'll get into it and let you know. Currently we need to check our servers if ESET is the AV installed on it so we might not push a full decommission for all devices.

BR,

• 2 weeks later...