Local updates

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,
I had a ESET Internet Security license which I did not renew, but bought another license via the US site. I was recently contacted by the local ESET distributor which I had bought the original license which I did not renew. The local ESET distributor told me that if I have a license that was bought from a different country than the one I now live in, I do not get specific, local virus protection. They said that if I bought the license from them, I would get virus protection specific to viruses prevalent in my country. 

Is that true?  I was under the impression that ESET virus protection is worldwide and there are no specific updates per country.

Thank you

• Administrators
  • Solution
5 minutes ago, haohesiduh said:

The local ESET distributor told me that if I have a license that was bought from a different country than the one I now live in, I do not get specific, local virus protection.

That's not true. However, we recommend purchasing a license from your local authorized ESET reseller, otherwise you will need to contact the foreign seller for technical support should you need help.

• Most Valued Members
12 hours ago, haohesiduh said:

Hello,
I had a ESET Internet Security license which I did not renew, but bought another license via the US site. I was recently contacted by the local ESET distributor which I had bought the original license which I did not renew. The local ESET distributor told me that if I have a license that was bought from a different country than the one I now live in, I do not get specific, local virus protection. They said that if I bought the license from them, I would get virus protection specific to viruses prevalent in my country. 

Is that true?  I was under the impression that ESET virus protection is worldwide and there are no specific updates per country.

Thank you

Sounds strange. Where did you originally reside? As marcos has mentioned its always recommend to purchase locally and I belive some licenses can be country specific, but protection should always be the same at least virus wise. Either this was a scam email, something was lost in translation or the support over their is misinformed