Bugs Or Lack Of Support?

I have installed the new Eset ESS beta on my PC (activated using my license) and to my surprise, Windows 8 Mail Client is NOT SUPPORTED.

Come on guys!!!!

Also, enabled SSL protection (or protocol scan) and can't see captchas on any site, even though I have set the scan only to new sites to be able to set exceptions.

Will you ever fix this thing? IT's been causing issues since it was first introduced and this is getting OLD PEOPLE!

FYI the first captcha that failed to display was for this very own site of yours (I simulated having lost my password and presto, could have never completed the procedure to get a new one because the captcha never displayed on screen, that's a BIG FAIL FOR YOU GUYS.

Edited by MasterTB

If there is one thing that sets Eset apart from the rest of the pack,it's support without a doubt.It is a beta,and as such.i would certainly expect issues.That's the whole purpose of beta testing..to have come to light issues which the testing lab cannot replicate.I would certainly advise patience.Not every issue will be squashed quickly.Some will take longer than others as I am sure you will know.Just be sure to use the built in support form or hxxp://www.eset.com/int/beta/form

If there is one thing that sets Eset apart from the rest of the pack,it's support without a doubt.It is a beta,and as such.i would certainly expect issues.That's the whole purpose of beta testing..to have come to light issues which the testing lab cannot replicate.I would certainly advise patience.Not every issue will be squashed quickly.Some will take longer than others as I am sure you will know.Just be sure to use the built in support form or hxxp://www.eset.com/int/beta/form

Both issues are present in the latest stable. There's no support for windows mail (have never seen eset scan any message) and the SSL scanning has always had issues. 

That being said, as a beta tester I HAVE TO REPORT ISSUES, otherwise, why bother testing? I mean, they should at least fix what's broken or be made aware of it, right?

Edited by MasterTB

• Administrators

A list of supported email clients is available here. The fact that there's no support for Windows 8 Mail client isn't a bug but a missing feature. Since the engineers are fully busy working on several versions of ESET products at a time and there wasn't a big demand for support for the mentioned client, we do not plan to support it any time soon.

I'd like to emphasize that ESET is able to scan email regardless of the email clients, ie. even email received in Windows 8 Mail will be scanned as long as protocol filtering and POP3(S)/IMAP(S) scanning are enabled. As for SSL scanning, I, for one, haven't heard of any issues with regard to Windows 8 Mail. Are you able to reproduce it with a gmail account? Have you tried enabling pre-release updates and downloading the latest modules which have SSL scanning revamped?

A list of supported email clients is available here. The fact that there's no support for Windows 8 Mail client isn't a bug but a missing feature. Since the engineers are fully busy working on several versions of ESET products at a time and there wasn't a big demand for support for the mentioned client, we do not plan to support it any time soon.

I'd like to emphasize that ESET is able to scan email regardless of the email clients, ie. even email received in Windows 8 Mail will be scanned as long as protocol filtering and POP3(S)/IMAP(S) scanning are enabled. As for SSL scanning, I, for one, haven't heard of any issues with regard to Windows 8 Mail. Are you able to reproduce it with a gmail account? Have you tried enabling pre-release updates and downloading the latest modules which have SSL scanning revamped?

So, let me get this right. You support OLD mail clients from the Windows Desktop environment 

But you DON'T SUPPORT the one app that is ment to replace them in the latest version of Windows? Thats STUPID. Excuse the capps but that's what I feel.

And the SSL problem is not with email clients or emails but with web browser. Marcos you must remember me as MasterTB from your times on the Wilders Forums back when Eset offered support there and I always complained about Eset SSL certificate not being installed or presenting problems to sites and navigation in general.

For instance, today, when I installed the beta (after disabling my stable install of ESS) I tested the SSL by telling this site that I had lost my pasword and I wanted to change it, but I couldn't see the captchas, even though the site has a valid certificate, after that, I disabled SSL, cleared the browser cache (IE11 and Opera 23) and could see the captchas correctly on both, ERGO, THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH SSL NOT ALLOWING FULL NAVIGATION.

So, the bug report.

EDIT: I just tried the same thing (enable SSL Protocol protection) on a Stable ESS install and told this site that I had lost my password and I could see the captcha and complete the process, so there is some bug in the Beta with SSL protocols. Or it's just f**** up on my machine for some weird reason.

Edited by MasterTB