ESET detected microsoft file ?

Hi, today the eset antivirus detected a PUP from a microsoft folder, it detected somekind of VPN

safe to say i do not download any vpn or any programs on my pc, i am the only one that uses this pc and no windows update was done yesterday or today, i am attaching a printscreen of the detection

https://imgur.com/a/RO0duck

• ESET Moderators

57 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Yes, it was FP. A new engine update is being worked on which will have the detection fixed.

You can create a temporary exclusion and restore the files from quarantine.

5 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hey, yea i saw marcos replay but the path that was detected on my machine was different from the path on that post, is it the same file and is it safe to ignore the detection ?

• ESET Moderators
Just now, Masamunnex said:

Hey, yea i saw marcos replay but the path that was detected on my machine was different from the path on that post, is it the same file and is it safe to ignore the detection ?

The detection name is the same, so I guess it will be related to the FP detection.

If you want to check it for sure, you can send me the details or wait for the Detection engine update to see if it will become undetected again...

1 minute ago, Peter Randziak said:

The detection name is the same, so I guess it will be related to the FP detection.

If you want to check it for sure, you can send me the details or wait for the Detection engine update to see if it will become undetected again...

all the details are in the image do you need anymore information ?

• ESET Moderators
1 minute ago, Masamunnex said:

all the details are in the image do you need anymore information ?

it is just an image of the detection, without a hash (SHA256).

So I can check it, if you send me the details or you can try it with the next Detection engine...

Peter

4 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

it is just an image of the detection, without a hash (SHA256).

So I can check it, if you send me the details or you can try it with the next Detection engine...

Peter

where to i get the details you need ?