URL Address Management

We use EES v9.0.2032.6 to protect our Windows systems. On-premise Protect v9.0.1144.0 manages our policies. We block executable file downloads using URL Address Management:
Edit Policy | Settings | Web and Email | Web access Protection | URL Address Management | Address list | Edit | Add to List of blocked addresses: *?.exe

image.png.6318ca781c632ddea8f6327b6cf5b99b.png

From time to time, we add addresses to the allow list, for example: *.lscsoft.com/*

Today, an accountant needed access to Glance a remote desktop application. I don't want all users to have this added to their allow list. So I setup a new policy and applied it to my computer for testing.
Edit Policy | Settings | Web and Email | Web access Protection | URL Address Management | Address list | Edit | Add to List of allowed addresses: *.glancecdn.net/screenshare/*

image.png.892bd7f8d0d10fca1a11a197641c3dd2.png

image.png.91bf9022a733c6ca409e14edaa4da5d9.png

No joy, I am still blocked. If I add glance to the main policy everything works.

How do I have multiple allow lists? One for the general population, then others for those with special needs?

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Administrators

I'd expect the lists to be merged if you select to prepend or append in the policies. If it doesn't work, please open a support ticket so that a support personnel can try to reproduce it.

Nevertheless, please keep in mind that blocking urls in the form of *.exe will not block all executables. Often it's a php script which downloads a file.