Clients not checking in from a wake up call

We recently upgraded to PROTECT version 9, and mass upgraded endpoints Network Agent versions to 9 as well. Last week whenever I sent a Wake Up Call to an endpoint and hit refresh the timestamp of when the machine checked in would update to that time immediately as it always has in the past. However, today whenever I send a Wake Up call to a client and hit refresh it does NOT check in, and the last connected timestamp remains the same. I now have to wait until the Agent policy check in time for the Last Connected timestamp to change. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Administrators

First of all please make sure that both the ESET PROTECT server and clients can communicate with epns.eset.com on port 8883.

I've even tried running a Wakeup Call to the PROTECT Server itself, locally, and even that doesn't update the Last Connected timestamp

ha - so all of a sudden today the Wake Up call is working fine - we didn't make any changes on our end. working perfectly now

• ESET Staff

Hard to say what was going on, but it is probable that after AGENT upgrade, re-synchronization of wakeup identifiers is required. In other words, once AGENT has upgraded, it will most probably get new identity from ESET's push notification service, and this identity has to be sent to ESET PROTECT Server (via standard replication connection) so that wakeup of this specific device can be targets. This normally takes quite a short time and that is why I am not sure this was the issue...

• Administrators

I'd recommend opening a support ticket. A pcap log from the client with the network communication captured as well as an agent trace log created with trace verbosity may be needed for troubleshooting.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, TomTomTom said:

Hi, I have the same problem....  Wakeup call is no more working

You might want to check agent's log with trace verbosity for possible epns-related errors. Also a pcap log might shed more light. I'd recommend opening a support ticket for further troubleshooting as advised above.

The locale support gave me the tip to disable the HTTP_Proxy.

More > Server settings > advanced settings

This was the solution for me. Now the wakeup call works again.

However, I have not changed anything in the settings before. With the previous settings it always worked so far.

Edited by TomTomTom