manually installing new version update takes a long time to install

• Most Valued Members

is it normal behaviour for manual installation of new version updates to take more than 10 minutes to complete?

every version of v15 released i have installed it manually over the existing one, sometimes it takes 15 minutes to complete, while if i install it from scratch after uninstallation via the removal tool or the windows control panel, it completes in under 3 minutes.
i started noticing it only after v15 was released, v13 +14 didn't show this issue.
it "freezes" on backing up data and on restoring data as well

i have logs of a clean install and the in-place upgrade

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUbGjdaF5rhs51svbK-5lr1I4RpIg?e=kFy6G3

• Administrators

Hard to say, we'd need to check logs to see what takes long. Maybe ekrn is doing something and the installer waits for it to complete the operations and stop it.

Anyways, is there any reason why you upgrade manually by installing a newer version on top of the previous one? Is it because you don't want to wait for automatic program update?

• Most Valued Members
7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Is it because you don't want to wait for automatic program update?

exactly, i regularly check the website for any new versions, and as soon as i see it, i want to install it manually.

• Administrators

If you switched to the pre-release update channel, you'd get newer versions automatically shortly before the official release.

If you would like to troubleshoot the issue with a longer installation time when installing on top, please open a support ticket.

• Most Valued Members

well, i did that's why i asked here as well, they told me it's normal. so i was curious to know.
The behaviour when you're trying to update the program over another is totally normal.
That's because when you are trying to update in that way a lot of services are running in the background