Upgrade ESMC 7.2 to V9

Currently have ESMC V 7.2. Have mix of 7.x and 6.x endpoints. It looks like ESMC V 8 isnt available any more but upgrading to V9 is. If i upgrade to V9, will the Eset Protect V9 console complain about the older v7 and v6 endpoints and will those endpoints function and be managed correctly by the new V9 management console?

7.3.12006 and 6.5.12018 for File security and mix of 7.3.2041 and 7.3.2044 for all pc endpoints..i dont even see 7.3.2041 listed

I plan on running to complete install package for V9 to update V7...any caviats to look out for? Running on a WIndows 2016 server using DB that came with V7....This is a VMWare virtual server which i plan on taking snapshot before i do upgrade...jsut in case i need to roll back...

slarkisn, I'm in the same boat as you except my servers are on on 7.212004.2 and desktops on 7.3.2041.0.  Will probably do the same, snapshot on VMware and revert if it bombs out.

Anyone who has done this...does V9 interface look much different than 7.x? I cant seem to find any videos with Eset Protect V9 to see any differences...as much as i enjoy learning new interfaces...🙄

Anything i need to check before upgrading?

• ESET Staff

Hello @slarkins 

ESET PROTECT V9, looks very similar to "ESET PROTECT Cloud", whose live demo can be even found on the web: https://www.eset.com/int/business/demo/ 

It looks pretty similar to the V7, and V8, as it is more of a evolutionary approach.

Regards,

Michal