An upgrade will take place on June 18, 2024 during the midday hours (UTC). The Forum will not be accessible for a short period of time. ×

Push "silentmode" To Client But Failed

hi:

I am using remote administrator 5.2.22.0 to manage endpoint antivirus 5.0.2229.1. I want to setup "SilentMode" for my clients, which the entry in the xml config file is

<NODE NAME="SilentMode" VALUE="1" TYPE="DWORD" />

I set up this in the remote administrator server and try to push it to client via policy or configuration work, but none is working. 

is this a known issue?

by the way, I want to download previous version 5.0.2228.0 to give it a try. but I can not find any link to download previous version. where can I download previous versions in case the current version is broken?

thanks a lot for your help!!

Regards,

tbskyd

hi:

I find it seems all options under "Alerts and Notifications" can not be controlled.  it can not be controlled via remote administration, can not be controlled via admincfg=xxx.xml at install time.

it can only be set by importing xml at client side, or modify by mouse clicking from user.

hope this is a known issue and fixed soon!

by the way, where can I download previous un-broken version?

thanks  a lot for your help!!

Regards,

tbsky

You can download older versions from the package manager.

Remote installs > Right click manage packages "installation packages editor" > Download from the web, choose older msi or version.

You can download older versions from the package manager.

Remote installs > Right click manage packages "installation packages editor" > Download from the web, choose older msi or version.

hi:

current version is 5.0.2229.1. and I want to download 5.0.2228.0 to try. but I can not find that. I can only find lastest version of version 3 or version 4 or verison 5 at the console.

• Administrators

Older Endpoint versions are not downloadable from ESET's website. However, if you contact Customer care I'm sure they would be able to supply it to you for whatever reason you need it.

Older Endpoint versions are not downloadable from ESET's website. However, if you contact Customer care I'm sure they would be able to supply it to you for whatever reason you need it.

may I ask what is the official way to contact Customer care?

hi Arkasi:

thanks a lot for your information. I will try to contact customer care directly to seek better support :)

• ESET Staff

Hi tbsky,

When pushing an installation to clients, the parameter you want to use is /quiet REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

For example: C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\ESET32.exe /quiet REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

You can add this parameter to your installation package when you push it to clients. See our Knowledgebase article for a more detailed explanation.

Hi tbsky,

When pushing an installation to clients, the parameter you want to use is /quiet REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

For example: C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\ESET32.exe /quiet REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

You can add this parameter to your installation package when you push it to clients. See our Knowledgebase article for a more detailed explanation.

hi:

what I mean silent mode is respect the name of xml file. the wording in the UI should be something like "only show notifications that need action from users"  under Alerts and Notifications.

as I said, the whole options can not be set under "Alerts and Notifications".

after many efforts, I finally understand the tricky part of these options. unlike version 4, version 5 need setup one more place to setup these options.

I don't know how to spell the un-document option, since I had already removed the  English version of remote administration.

if you know how to spell the option, maybe you can write here or put that in the next version of document. so people won't be confused why these options can not be set.

• ESET Staff

I'm not sure that I understand you. I believe you're saying that you needed to use a different parameter, but I'm unclear about this section 

what I mean silent mode is respect the name of xml file. the wording in the UI should be something like "only show notifications that need action from users"  under Alerts and Notifications.

as I said, the whole options can not be set under "Alerts and Notifications".

• Administrators

I know what you mean. You're attempting to change per-user settings which can be different for each user. In order to change it for all user accounts, you must set "Suppress user settings" in the "Default user interface values" section to Yes and mark it so that the setting is applied.

I know what you mean. You're attempting to change per-user settings which can be different for each user. In order to change it for all user accounts, you must set "Suppress user settings" in the "Default user interface values" section to Yes and mark it so that the setting is applied.

hi:

yes that's what I mean. you don't need to do that at version 4.

I ask many times finally someone from Eset told me you need to set that parameter at version 5.

it spend me many hours to solve the problem..