ESET Internet Security websocket 206 code problem

Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently, I got the Emby video streaming problem that I investigated surely causing by ESET.

The Emby using websocket and I use chrome F12 ,found that the httpd code 206 which partial content error.

When I am using sandbox of windows 11, nothing happen.

Please fix the bug and face the problem seriously.

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup make a difference?

If so, please carry on as follows:

1, With protocol filtering enabled, enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
2, Reboot the computer
3, Reproduce the issue
4, Stop logging
5, Collect logs with ESET Log Collector
6, Disable protocol filtering
7, Repeat steps 3-5
8, Provide both sets of ELC logs. You can upload the archives to a file sharing service, such as OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. and provide me with download links in a personal message.

Dear Marcos,

Thanks for your reply.

After I turn off Advanced > Web Access Protection > Web Prototcal > HTTPS Scan Setings, the emby video streaming become normal. 

I surf internet and found that the SSL cert will cause the problem but I am not sure. After I read the post about emby SSL Cert issue reported by someone, I tried to identify the issue that I guess it would be related to SSL Cert and notice that the SSL Cert is ESET CA certs. Then, I turn off the HTTPS Scan Setting and the issue disappear.

I install ESET Internet Security for a year. This websocket 206 code problem annony me for a few weeks and previous ESET update will not caused the issue.

The log collection involve my privacy so that it is not suitable to public. Sorry about that.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, rnatt said:

Dear Marcos,

Thanks for your reply.

After I turn off Advanced > Web Access Protection > Web Prototcal > HTTPS Scan Setings, the emby video streaming become normal. 

I surf internet and found that the SSL cert will cause the problem but I am not sure. After I read the post about emby SSL Cert issue reported by someone, I tried to identify the issue that I guess it would be related to SSL Cert and notice that the SSL Cert is ESET CA certs. Then, I turn off the HTTPS Scan Setting and the issue disappear.

I install ESET Internet Security for a year. This websocket 206 code problem annony me for a few weeks and previous ESET update will not caused the issue.

The log collection involve my privacy so that it is not suitable to public. Sorry about that.

You can password protect the upload and send the info in a PM if you are okay with eset staff seeing the logs. That way only eset staff would have access.

Any forum attachments also can only be opened by eset staff but sadly forum attachments are limited size wise, and a lot of logs are too large for it

I tried the log collector of ESET. There are error message appears. It would be grateful if you could simulate the Emby environment by docker.

Here is the link I encounter the problem version which is "docker pull emby/embyserver:latest". Please use ESET Internet Security and watch some video via Emby, you will encounter what I face. 

https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver

Please install Windows Docker Engine.

1. Save below file as docker-compose.yaml. 

version: "2.3"
services:
  emby:
    image: emby/embyserver:latest
    container_name: embyserver
    runtime: nvidia # Expose NVIDIA GPUs
    network_mode: host # Enable DLNA and Wake-on-Lan
    volumes:
      - C:\\Emby\\config:/config # Configuration directory
      - C:\\Emby\\video:/mnt/share1 # Media directory
    ports:
      - 8096:8096 # HTTP port