ESET Security page no longer shows when logging into banking

Recently updated ESET Internet Security to latest version 15.0.16.0 with Firefox, Windows 10. Now the ESET Security browser page does not appear when I log into banking. The browser goes directly to the banking login page. Am I still protected for banking? Why does the ESET secure browser page not show any more? Am I missing a setup function somewhere, or is this just a new feature in the ESET update?

• Administrators

I didn't find anything wrong with your ESET configuration. For further troubleshooting please raise a support ticket with your local ESET distributor.

Does the issue occur even if you add the website to the list of protected websites manually? Even if you clear browser cache or use a different browser?

image.png

16 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I didn't find anything wrong with your ESET configuration. For further troubleshooting please raise a support ticket with your local ESET distributor.

Does the issue occur even if you add the website to the list of protected websites manually? Even if you clear browser cache or use a different browser?

image.png

I see an ESET logo tab at right hand side of browser screen when logged onto bank, so presume I am protected. I haven't tried to manually add the website to list of protected websites. The tab feature must be something new that shows you that you are protected, bypassing the extra ESET security page that previously showed when first loading the banking page. Is this correct?

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Strange, in you config I saw that you had Secure all browsers disabled and "protected websites redirection" enabled:

image.png

Oh yes, I now have secure all browsers enabled. So now Websites Redirection cannot be enabled (is greyed out).

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there

I have recently noticed this issue (could be liked to the upgrade to v15...but not certain). When opening a site setup in 'Protected Websites' with the 'Ask me' option, I am neither asked nor does the secure browser show up as it should/used to previously (most obvious sign is lack of green surround AND the display of the steps to take if this happens).

I have followed all steps including the complete uninstall/reboot/re-install of EIS...but absolutely NO change what so ever.

Any suggestions/recommendations as to how to proceed to get this rectified?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick

Interestingly enough, I have been experimenting with the Advanced Setup options and when I enable the 'Secure all browsers' option with 'Extension installation mode' = 'All extensions', and then fire up any browser be it Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc., none of the browser pages are showing as protected (green surround is missing).

I am therefore guessing that Browser Protection feature per se...is BROKEN!😭

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Interestingly enough, I have been experimenting with the Advanced Setup options and when I enable the 'Secure all browsers' option with 'Extension installation mode' = 'All extensions', and then fire up any browser be it Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc., none of the browser pages are showing as protected (green surround is missing).

I am therefore guessing that Browser Protection feature per se...is BROKEN!😭

If rebooting the machine doesn't make any difference, enable Banking and payment protection advanced logging under Tools -> Diagnostics in the advanced setup, then launch a browser. Next disable logging, collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

Hi Marcos

Thank you for the response. I have followed your instructions and generated requested archive. Unfortunately, the resultant file is 1.10GB so I will upload it to WeTransfer and then email you the link. However, I do not have an email address for you to use. Would you be able to private message me a suitable email address with which to contact you for the purposes of send the archive link?

Many thanks, Baldrick

Good afternoon Marcos

Did you receive the PM from me with the link to the ESET Log Collector output re. this issue? And if so then is there any news on any findings that may have been...found?

Thanks, Baldrick

Edited by Baldrick

Hi Marcos

Apologies... 😳 please disregard the last post from me...have just received the email from WeTransfer indicating that the file has been download.

Regards, Baldrick

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Did you receive the PM from me with the link to the ESET Log Collector output re. this issue? And if so then is there any news on any findings that may have been...found?

Please try to generate an advanced log again, the one provided had no data logged.

It will be enough to provide the file "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Diagnostics\opp_*.etl"