Multi Device License And The Play Store

Go to solution Solved by TomasP,

I recently purchased a Multi Device license, and I installed Mobile Security via the Play Store. I was able to register for the Premium version OK, is there going to be an issue down the road, as I just read in the FAQ that I cannot use the Play Store?

Via the FAQ page:

I have a Multi-Device Security license—can I install ESET Mobile Security from Amazon.com or Google Play?

No. Users with  Multi-Device Security license can only activate and install ESET Mobile Security for Android from ESET.com.

Thank you.

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello RIchAM,

We are sorry for the misleading information - this used to be true with version 2 (and older) of ESET Mobile Security.

However, as of the current version 3, it is possible to install ESET Mobile Security from Google Play and activate it with your credentials obtained by other means as well, be it a retail box, online order from ESET's webpage, etc.

Please send us a link to the FAQ with this out-of-date information, so that we can have it fixed.

Thank you!

You forget something...

Please send us a link to the FAQ with this out-of-date information, so that we can have it fixed.

But it's easily to look it up...

1. hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2711 (question 4)
  2. hxxp://kb.eset-la.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3475

Edit: @CB530 In the second kb article this information isn't displayed anymore, but in the first it is.

Edit2: All corrected!

Edited by rugk