• ESET Insiders

EIS 14.1.20.0
Win10x64

I have a HIPs rule configured to ask for user space execution. The rule works as expected, but all allowed operations are erroneously logged as blocked.

• Administrators

You are right, I was able to reproduce it. With a permissive or blocking rule it works as expected, however, with an ask rule "blocked" is logged even if the operation was allowed by the user. Will report it to devs as a bug. Thanks for the heads-up : )

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

You are right, I was able to reproduce it. With a permissive or blocking rule it works as expected, however, with an ask rule "blocked" is logged even if the operation was allowed by the user. Will report it to devs as a bug. Thanks for the heads-up : )

On a like issue, why do user block rule activity show in the Network Wizard?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, itman said:

On a like issue, why do user block rule activity show in the Network Wizard?

Not sure if I understand. The firewall troubleshooting wizard lists any recently blocked communication.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Not sure if I understand. The firewall troubleshooting wizard lists any recently blocked communication.

True.

However, I think it appropriate that if a user created firewall rule existed that block the communication, the Network Wizard should ignore it since it was user created.

My understanding of the Network wizard was to make the user aware of blocked activity due to an existing Eset default firewall rule, or any blocked activity for which an user firewall rule does not exist for the activity.

• Administrators

Actually not, the wizard is meant to help everyone, including those who accidentally block desired communication by own rules.