ESET Banking & Payment protection opens Internet Explorer

• ESET Internet Security installation put a shorcut named ESET Banking & Payment protection on my desktop.

• Although decades ago Internet Explorer not being my default browser, whenever I open the shortcut, the browser that starts is IE.
  •  
  • How can I change this behavior plz?
  •  
  • I have Windows 10 v.20H2 and EIS v.14.0.22.0 

41 minutes ago, angelo_lopes said:

Although decades ago Internet Explorer not being my default browser,

What is your Win default browser?

15 hours ago, angelo_lopes said:

Default is Opera

It's not a supported browser for Eset Banking and Payment Protection:

System Requirements

Supported browsers: Internet Explorer (8.0.0.0+), Microsoft Edge (83.0.0.0+), Google Chrome (64.0.0.0+) and Firefox (24.0.0.0+).

https://support.eset.com/en/how-to-use-eset-banking-and-payment-protection

You will have to set your default browser to a supported one to avoid B&PP opening Internet Explorer by default.

Alternatively,  B&PP can be configured to run any browser in Protected Mode. The downside to this is the browser will always run in Protected Mode.

Edited by itman

Thank you @itman

I previously tried with Firefox to no avail and then switched back to Opera. Right now I selected one more time Firefox as default browser, and the shorcut starts Firefox.

I really appreciate your quick responses and for always coming back. All the best  😊 👍

• 1 month later...

Is there an initiative in development to allow the user to choose a browser that B&PP will launch by default if the default browser is not supported?  I use Brave for most web surfing (set as default) but would like to configure ESET to launch Chrome when using B&PP instead of IE (which will soon no longer be supported by Microsoft).

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, MichaelD said:

Is there an initiative in development to allow the user to choose a browser that B&PP will launch by default if the default browser is not supported?  I use Brave for most web surfing (set as default) but would like to configure ESET to launch Chrome when using B&PP instead of IE (which will soon no longer be supported by Microsoft).

Currently there are no such plans.

4 hours ago, Brple54 said:

I hope so.  I do not use edge for banking but chrome would be great.  thanks

Then set Chrome as your Win 10 default browser. You can manually open whatever other browser you will to use.