Jump to content

ESET Banking & Payment protection opens Internet Explorer


Recommended Posts

  • ESET Internet Security installation put a shorcut named ESET Banking & Payment protection on my desktop.

  • Although decades ago Internet Explorer not being my default browser, whenever I open the shortcut, the browser that starts is IE.
  •  
  • How can I change this behavior plz?
  •  
  • I have Windows 10 v.20H2 and EIS v.14.0.22.0 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, angelo_lopes said:

Although decades ago Internet Explorer not being my default browser,

What is your Win default browser?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, angelo_lopes said:

Default is Opera

It's not a supported browser for Eset Banking and Payment Protection:

Quote

System Requirements

Supported browsers: Internet Explorer (8.0.0.0+), Microsoft Edge (83.0.0.0+), Google Chrome (64.0.0.0+) and Firefox (24.0.0.0+).

https://support.eset.com/en/how-to-use-eset-banking-and-payment-protection

You will have to set your default browser to a supported one to avoid B&PP opening Internet Explorer by default.

Alternatively,  B&PP can be configured to run any browser in Protected Mode. The downside to this is the browser will always run in Protected Mode.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you @itman

I previously tried with Firefox to no avail and then switched back to Opera. Right now I selected one more time Firefox as default browser, and the shorcut starts Firefox.

I really appreciate your quick responses and for always coming back. All the best  😊 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Is there an initiative in development to allow the user to choose a browser that B&PP will launch by default if the default browser is not supported?  I use Brave for most web surfing (set as default) but would like to configure ESET to launch Chrome when using B&PP instead of IE (which will soon no longer be supported by Microsoft).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
9 minutes ago, MichaelD said:

Is there an initiative in development to allow the user to choose a browser that B&PP will launch by default if the default browser is not supported?  I use Brave for most web surfing (set as default) but would like to configure ESET to launch Chrome when using B&PP instead of IE (which will soon no longer be supported by Microsoft).

Currently there are no such plans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope so.  I do not use edge for banking but chrome would be great.  thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Brple54 said:

I hope so.  I do not use edge for banking but chrome would be great.  thanks

Then set Chrome as your Win 10 default browser. You can manually open whatever other browser you will to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...