Found unknown local user account after ESET installation

I couldnt find the 'reply' button in the topic.

Yes, that unknown account was phantom account created by ESET certainly.

But aside of that, isn't it suspicious that my network adapter received over 1,5 billion packets already within 44 hours? Since I created my topic I received 600 million packets while not even using my PC. It was just turned on.

Also ESET blocked one of my apps in "Network protection troubleshooting" indicating that there were 46 attempted connections from 192.168.1.118 IP. So does it mean that other PC in my LAN got a security threat issue or is trying to connect to my PC without my knowledge?

Link to topic: https://forum.eset.com/topic/27403-found-unknown-local-user-account-after-eset-installation/?tab=comments#comment-129217

• Marcos changed the title to Found unknown local user account after ESET installation
  • Administrators

I would say it's ok; on my VM in idle state I've received about 280 mil. packets in 24 hours.

As for the communication from 192.168.1.118 which was blocked, make sure that the network 192.168.1.0/24 is trusted. You can add it to the trusted zone manually if you are unsure. Also the firewall troubleshooting wizard should provide more information about the blocked communication.

15 hours ago, Marcos said:

I would say it's ok; on my VM in idle state I've received about 280 mil. packets in 24 hours.

As for the communication from 192.168.1.118 which was blocked, make sure that the network 192.168.1.0/24 is trusted. You can add it to the trusted zone manually if you are unsure. Also the firewall troubleshooting wizard should provide more information about the blocked communication.

Well, the firewall troubleshooting wizard deletes reports after 1 hour so I cannot find any more informations.

About the trusted zone - I live in house shared between multiple people, which I dont know that well, so there is a lot of people sharing internet connection so the last thing I wanna do is to add my network into trusted zone.

Sometimes I sew that I had established connection through 1900 upnp port, but I managed to block it through simplewall. 

Of course I get into consideration that I might just be a little paranoid about this, but I guess it's better safe than sorry.