Need to provide an email when installing a trial version. Could it be a security issue?

If I install trial version of ESET internet security an email address is asked for activation. 

what if someone buys ESET online and provides the same email address? Will my installation be associated with his installation? 

• Most Valued Members

why would you try and provide a fake email then?

the program asks for your email so it can activate the trial version. you can use your regular email and you'll be fine.
if you're concerned about security issues, create a new email account just for the trial purposes.

12 hours ago, shocked said:

why would you try and provide a fake email then?

the program asks for your email so it can activate the trial version. you can use your regular email and you'll be fine.
if you're concerned about security issues, create a new email account just for the trial purposes.

Oh no. I will provide my e-mail address (no email verification is needed). 
Assume somebody has bought a product key and activates his installation using my e-mail address (also no email verification asked). 

will his installation then be associated with mine?

• Most Valued Members

how can someone activate the product with your email?
do you know what's my email address? no, and you can't guess it.

even if someone uses your email, you will get a message from ESET about a product that was activated, and if it wasn't you that made the transaction, tell them and they will take appropriate action.

don't worry about it.