Addon Isssue for FF BPP Profile

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/history-cleaner/

First, Can you install a Firefox Addon into the BPP Profile?

I get an -- "Aborted Install - Appears to be Corrupt" -- for the FF (I'm 84.0.1) Addon - History Cleaner -- above BUT I have it in the regular FF profile.

I've only thought to include the above  URL in Web Access Protect/ URL Mgt/ List of Allowed Addresses -- and That didn't help.

Assuming BPP just makes it "Look" corrupt, is there anything else I can try?

• Most Valued Members

I believe Bank Protection prevent any other plug-ins/extensions from running along it , as other plug-ins might be malicious and be able to steal some data.

21 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

I believe Bank Protection prevent any other plug-ins/extensions from running along it , as other plug-ins might be malicious and be able to steal some data.

Thanks. I can believe that and accept it easily but thought there might be an Exemption entry for that protection.

• Most Valued Members

As far as I know there isn't an option to exclude an plug-in or permit a plug-in to work along the BPP, but I am not sure what I have said is from my imagination , but most likely it's like this BPP prevents other plug-ins from running

You can use/add Firefox extensions in B&PP mode if you enable "Secure all browsers" setting per the below screen shot. As noted, this will allow use of popular extensions. Whether this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/history-cleaner/  is in this category, I have no idea. You would have to experiment with adding it.

Note: enabling "Secure all browsers" setting will result in Firefox always opening in Eset secure browser mode. Be aware of that and it could cause other issues when using Firefox for normal browsing activities.

Eset_BPP.thumb.png.81e527a8d73ad59a28b019d12eacb465.png

Edited by itman

Thanks to Both of you. The All BPP or nothing for this ruins the mood, so I'll do better at Manual History Cleaning.

Good to know this should I ever adjust priorities.

Edited by COStark26

1 hour ago, COStark26 said:

Thanks to Both of you. The All BPP or nothing for this ruins the mood, so I'll do better at Manual History Cleaning.

Good to know this should I ever adjust priorities.

Of note is if you run in permanent private browser mode in Firefox as I do, all your history is auto deleted at browser close time.

FF_History.thumb.png.4f825ad6bf4ad7aca23d58682bc2633e.png