ESET Protect 8 Login Issues After Hotfix

Hello,

I performed a fresh upgrade of 8.0.17.1 which has the hotfix included and I'm are still experiencing issues. As soon as I click the page it turns white preventing me from doing anything. I've also verified that the web console is running 8.0.175.0 and cleared browser cache just to make sure that's not the issues.

• ESET Staff

Could you please provide more details of what is actually not working - is it actually authentication? Or not even login screen is loaded?

Also is it possible to verify behavior with different browser or possibly from different device?

The login page loads, but the moment I try to click anything on the page ( username/password/domain login checkbox), the whole page turns white. I have several clients and colleges with the same issue and believe most of them use Chrome. 

I was able to get the page to load in Incognito mode if I cleared all my autocomplete data, but the issue still is present in regular mode.

I've attached the info from the white blank page source and I see "You need to enable JavaScript to run this app", however, JavaScript is indeed enabled.

Thanks for your assistance.

eset_blank_page.txt

Edited by AndrewP

• ESET Staff

I have asked around and no such issues was reported recently, so my only suspicion is that there is some problem with caching - any chance some caching proxy is used in your company that might result in a state where old files are served to clients? Or any specific chrome plugin is used in company?
As a workaround, possibly cleanup of cookies for ESET PROTECT instance, or maybe even cleanup of cached files for this domain might help. Otherwise I would recommend to open support ticket as it might require further analysis - for example capturing so called HAR logs in browser might be required for further analsysis.