AV updates use non-encrypted username / password

jfroot

So back to topic.

I only wanted to link to this topic because here @novice complains about the fact that we didn't get good answers to this topic in a appropriate time...

I reckon they gave as good answers as they could with the information they had available, its not just to push a button and there we go. And I don't believe they are willing to test a new update system using their actual customers, without doing a lot of in-house testing first wich of course will also take...time.

So back to topic.

I only wanted to link to this topic because here @novice complains about the fact that we didn't get good answers to this topic in a appropriate time...

I reckon they gave as good answers as they could with the information they had available, its not just to push a button and there we go. And I don't believe they are willing to test a new update system using their actual customers, without doing a lot of in-house testing first wich of course will also take...time.

Of course it needs testing and time. I don't said that they have to develop it in a few weeks.

The bad thing that we got answers that means quite this:

"No the license data is send not encrypted and we don't want to change this. This isn't serious!"

Another strange thing was that they said the network traffic would be encrypted, but in truth it isn't encrypted!

See my post before.

But now it seem like they want to (optionally) encrypt the license data in future versions of the ESET products. So maybe this problem is solved!

Edited by rugk