Periodically Live Grid Error

Hi,

Its been 2-3 weeks that I get "Live Grid Not Accessible" notification every 30min-1 hour then it solves automatically. I notice that if I try to update the program manually, "product update failed" appears, but the program updates itself automatically without any problem. I wrote to support and they replied with complete safe mode uninstallation and then reinstallation, which I did so, but problem is still there. I notice when I use vpn, I don't have those problems. What is exactly my problem & how to solve it?

Thanks

Got the notification this morning. It went away in less than a minute. I assume its an issue on Eset's end since I was having no network connectivity problems at the time.

• Most Valued Members

Also had a message about "Limited Direct Cloud Connection" over 2 days and it resolved itself without any intervention. As mentioned as above i would assume that it was something temporary on ESET's end as its no longer an issue for me :)

I got "Limited Direct Cloud Connection" too but less often. I don't want to disable the annoying live grid notification because I lose other eset critical notifications (virus,..). One thing I'm concerned about, is that I was offered windows preview updates in windows update as optional (while I'm not in insider program), and I clicked on them to install them without noticing word "preview". Is it possible that installing those updates interfered with eset? Have you been offered those updates or installed them too?

1 hour ago, Guided said:

One thing I'm concerned about, is that I was offered windows preview updates in windows update as optional (while I'm not in insider program), and I clicked on them to install them without noticing word "preview". Is it possible that installing those updates interfered with eset? Have you been offered those updates or installed them too?

Yes, I always install them and never saw the "Limited Direct Cloud Connection" until yesterday.

However, in your case the issue is different in that:

18 hours ago, Guided said:

Its been 2-3 weeks that I get "Live Grid Not Accessible" notification every 30min-1 hour then it solves automatically.

Since you are located in Iran, it is possible that something government-wise is intercepting LiveGrid communication.

Yes it is possible and I will ask my ISP about that, but more likely its eset's end, I am sometimes banned to enter eset forum. Sometimes not. Not that a government ban shows on my browser, its a eset ban with a big word "banned". So I think they are not sure to allow me to use their service and product, or something is wrong that they are not aware of?

2 hours ago, Guided said:

Yes it is possible and I will ask my ISP about that, but more likely its eset's end, I am sometimes banned to enter eset forum. Sometimes not. Not that a government ban shows on my browser, its a eset ban with a big word "banned". So I think they are not sure to allow me to use their service and product, or something is wrong that they are not aware of?

Another reason why "Live Grid Not Accessible"  is displayed is your Eset license is not valid.

Eset doesn't officially sell licenses in Iran. Based on past forum postings, some in Iran have gotten around this by purchasing an Eset license in a neighboring country and activating the device where Eset is installed resides physically in that country. However the result of this is Eset support if needed, must be done from the country where Eset was purchased from.

A clear sign of an invalid license is Eset is not receiving periodic updates.

Thanks itman, here are afew things to check out:

-I didn't buy my license from another country. (Does any specific license show that its related to specific country?)

-I bought it around 3-4 month ago, now its afew weeks that I have this problem.

-Eset receives updates without any problem.

-The license status in my.eset.com is ok.

16 minutes ago, Guided said:

Thanks itman, here are afew things to check out:

-I didn't buy my license from another country. (Does any specific license show that its related to specific country?)

-I bought it around 3-4 month ago, now its afew weeks that I have this problem.

-Eset receives updates without any problem.

-The license status in my.eset.com is ok.

You will need to post your Eset public license id and have @Marcos check it out.

2 hours ago, Guided said:

You mean posting that 9 letter license id here, or privately messaging Marcos asking him?

Thanks

Whichever you prefer. Eset public key can't be linked to any PII or to the actual Eset license key.

• Administrators

There are no issues with your license. Should the problem persist, carry on as follows:

- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for tech support
- reproduce the issue
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Thanks Marcos for checking my license,

I still had live grid error today but less often, say almost 3 times in 10 hours or so. I wait to see if it gets any better.

Thanks

In another thread I saw something regarding enabling pre-release update to get rid of similar error, should I enable it? or there is a solution without enabling it?

1 hour ago, Guided said:

or there is a solution without enabling it?

Not presently. Either switch to pre-release updating or wait till the fix is released via the regular update channel.

Ok thanks, one more thing, I thought this live grid error was recorded in Tools>Log files>Events, but instead I saw multiple "Limited Direct Cloud Connectivity" which we talked about earlier, so these two should be related to eachother. Live grid shows as notification on desktop & Eset but Limited Direct... recorded in events.

• Administrators

Actually you can set up Google DNS or other DNS servers that work reliably in the system yourself and it would have the same effect as installing the new version of the module.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Actually you can set up Google DNS or other DNS servers that work reliably in the system yourself and it would have the same effect as installing the new version of the module.

You mean in IPV4? Mine is both set to auto. So I should enter Google DNS? I don't know which dns works best.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Guided said:

You mean in IPV4? Mine is both set to auto. So I should enter Google DNS? I don't know which dns works best.

Yes, you can set the primary DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary one to 8.8.4.4.

I will add that I received the LiveGrid module update this morning via regular update channel. As such, no further system modifications such as third party DNS provider server update is required.

1 hour ago, itman said:

I will add that I received the LiveGrid module update this morning via regular update channel. As such, no further system modifications such as third party DNS provider server update is required.

How can you tell that a specific update was carrying a live grid update? My regular update is also on & last update was 1 hour ago, so I should have got that update too, but just minutes ago (after 8 hours no notifications), I got one error. So maybe I have another problem that create this error? Is it official that live grid update is releases?

To marcos > Can you please do something about this (sometimes) Eset "Banned" messgae when I try to go eset forum (after a week)?

52 minutes ago, Guided said:

How can you tell that a specific update was carrying a live grid update?

Left button mouse click on Eset desktop toolbar icon. Mouse click on "About." Mouse click on "Installed Components" tab.

Scroll down to LiveGrid communication module. The recent update is ver. 1087.

38 minutes ago, itman said:

The recent update is ver. 1087.

I checked, I got that too. So I just changed my dns to google to see if it has any effects.

Thanks

58 minutes ago, itman said:

The recent update is ver. 1087.

This update is 12/4/2020, not 12/14/2020, am I wrong?

Edited by Guided