https://www.eset.com.ph/renewal is down for a coupel days, embarassing. How can I renew?

Embarrassing

A security company that can't keep a commerce server up? There is not even a notice or anything just 404 like a college student's project page. Maybe look for a new regional distributor if they maintain this, shockingly bad judgement in picking the one you have now. If I had time I'd do the research and setup a new product, but for this year how do I renew?

• Most Valued Members

Marcos, after visiting the address you gave and selecting to renew the license, it reports a "server not found" error.

so i guess the OP is correct, the Philippine server has issues.

even the "activation" link can't be opened.

• Administrators

I see now. I've given a heads-up to the appropriate person responsible for the region to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for the heads-up. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you Shocked and Marcus.

Where did you get the above address from?

When I click the "renew" button in the license expires nag, it sends me to the link in OP topic which is a 404. Again, not even a "Oops" or "hey we've hit a snag" like a competent company has up when there is an error. Just a 404 like some dime store high school "startup".

I also want to report the server is still down and my license expires tomorrow. A moderately intelligent monkey could at least get up a "Hey, we're working on it" now that I've reported it more than 24 hours ago. Nope just 404. Real confidence building in a security product I am supposed to trust and depend on /s.

Edited by Embarrassing

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, Embarrassing said:

Thank you Shocked and Marcus.

When I click the "renew" button in the license expires nag, it sends me to the link in OP topic which is a 404. Again, not even a "Oops" or "hey we've hit a snag" like a competent company has up when there is an error. Just a 404 like some dime store high school "startup".

I also want to report the server is still down and my license expires tomorrow. A moderately intelligent monkey could at least get up a "Hey, we're working on it" now that I've reported it more than 24 hours ago. Nope just 404. Real confidence building in a security product I am supposed to trust and depend on /s.

if a company has a pretty and more informative message for a 404 error it doesn't mean they more capable than others with a plain page..
i'm sure the server admin is notified about it and since we don't know what caused it, we don't know how hard or easy it is for a fix.

since it's expiring tomorrow you can call the offices in Asia and explain your issue and perhaps they can help by renewing it in another way.

ESET Asia Pacific

ESET ASIA PTE LTD
3 Anson Road
#12-01/02 Springleaf Tower
Singapore

Tel: +65 6308 9680 
Fax: +65 6536 8224

Edited by shocked